2016/09/15 08:51:21
Jim Roseberry
abacab

And then, Acronis does it all.  Recovery media, AES encryption for backups, disk cloning, cloud backups, good documentation. It's easy to see why Acronis is PC Mag Editor's Choice. But at $49.99, I suppose it should be good
http://www.pcmag.com/arti.e2/0,2817,2411663,00.asp

You can catch True Image on sale for about half that amount.
Sometimes you can get the year old version for free.
For most folks, the 2015 versions on up will work fine.
2016/09/15 10:12:44
The Maillard Reaction
2016/09/19 21:07:37
kitekrazy1
Acronis 2010 still works for me on older systems running W10.

New machines have 2016.
2016/09/20 08:12:32
dangao
Paragon is a stable but old backup software. It seems upgrading slowly since its official website seems very old! While, there come to be many new backup and restore software, besides Acronis true image, there are still Aomei backupper, Easeus todo backup, Macrium reflect, etc. Moreover, there are free editions for common home users to try, such as aomei backupper standard
All for you to choose!
2016/10/18 03:42:16
Aldridge
Seems that it doesn't support clone an image. And I heard Easeus free copy won't allow you to restore computer from a clone image(Until you do so, you will see the alert). And I trust some powerful third-party review like , PCAdvisor's Backup Recovery - AOMEI  it's a good piece of advise.

After trying free backup software, I like it , since it provides a complete backup & recovery solution, most importantly it has no ads like other freeware do.
2016/10/18 06:55:19
The Maillard Reaction
2016/10/23 16:04:08
BobF
fireberd
Macrium has a bootable (WinPE) disc or flash drive option, too.

I ended up on a paid version of Macrium Reflect.  I used ATI for a year and hated using it, and the first time I needed it the restore failed at the 99% point.  I don't like the ATI options for managing disk space and I hate having to dismiss a login box that I never intend to log into.

Reflect is really smart about a lot of stuff.  The only thing I don't like compared to ATI is that Reflect doesn't flush the used memory cache when it gets done.  That is the thing I liked most about ATI ... but it wasn't enough.
2016/10/30 04:34:54
craigb
I'm thinking of buying some new backup software next month (after payday) and popped over here to start a thread just like this one!  Needless to say, this has been very useful - to a degree.  I still don't know which one to go with!  LOL.

2016/10/30 09:28:32
BobF
Get Reflect FREE to try it out.  Then buy the full version once you have that warm, fuzzy feeling
2016/10/30 11:31:17
bapu
Caa2
Hi,
 I am considering upgrading my Acronis True Image 2013 license to the latest greatest "2017" version, but it seems like all the features that have been added since "2013" are of little or no interest to me.

The prospect of upgrading just to load more bloat has inspired me to consider alternatives. Paragon Backup and Recovery seems like a good candidate.

Paragon offers a Backup and Recovery product as well as a Drive Cloning product. I have just read both manuals and am left with the vague impression that Backup and Recovery has "backup features" as well as drive cloning features while the Drive Cloning product is simplified and dedicated to making images for clones.

With Acronis True Image I have never used the "backup features" and have instead opted for complete system partition clone images.

I am thinking about going with Paragon's Backup and Recovery 16 and doing the same.

Does any one have some experience and thoughts about the Paragon products? 

Thank you.

I just used the 2013 product on my father-in-laws computer to Universal Restore to a new mobo. I needed to use 2013 as it supported Vista as 2015 dropped Vista support (they're in their 90s and changing to Win 10 at this point would be far more hassles than it would be worth, sometimes you cannot teach old dogs new tricks).

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account