2015/05/25 11:10:37
Rasure
I know there's a peak normalize in sonar, but I would personally find an average RMS normalize function quite useful too, like the RMS normalize in Sony Sound Forge, would be handy to do it from within sonar.
2015/05/25 11:14:52
lfm
If you choose a level that will produce peak overs - how is that handled?

Do you analyze audio as peaks and do not allow certain ranges of rms, or?
2015/06/20 01:48:40
RhemaSound
I agree this would be useful.  Being able to RMS normalize will bring up the average then you can using limiters and comps to adjust the dynamic range
2015/06/25 14:56:29
THambrecht
I need additionally a RMS **PAN** Normalizer to make stereo-clips perfect centered.

2015/07/01 11:02:36
Resonant Serpent
Per the survey questions, I'm hoping that they implement a dedicated audio editor with a lot more manipulation tools. I'd love to have it native and stop relying on Sound Forge.
2015/07/02 16:28:46
papacucku
I just posted a request for a repeat (beat repeat) quick effect to be added, that would be just like this.  Most common activities are covered now in those audio processing menus, however, more options like Average normalize would be cool.  I don't know where I land on all these, third party apps are quickly used etc. however, many suggestions could be considered ...off center and not core the functionality and purpose of the software.  For platinum users I would pay for an "add on" with tons of quick audio edits.  I love presets and wizards.  Sue me.  Why walk all the way to town when you can take a bus half the way.  An advanced wav editing bundle add on that would be accesable right from the audio processing menu is fairly center to the core purpose of the software.  I vote for this one.
2015/07/03 01:32:10
mudgel
Just use the editor of your choice inside Sonar and be done with it. Have the best of both worlds and let Sonar be a DAW not an audio editor, we already have those.
2015/07/07 11:33:58
papacucku
That would be amazing?  is there a way to do that? would it work with Audacity? wave lab? 
2015/07/07 12:52:06
rumleymusic
If you choose a level that will produce peak overs - how is that handled?

Most loudness matching or normalization tools are used in tandem with a Limiter to catch the peaks.  It is not a very high finesse way to get you audio files at a desired level, but it is good for broadcast where time saving is crucial.  
2016/02/20 03:06:01
Rasure
Sorry to bump this post, but does anyone from cakewalk have any idea is this will be implemented, thank you :-)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account