2015/12/22 12:28:48
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Hello Z3TA+ 2 users. We have an update now available that resolves the issues that many were running into regarding loading older projects containing the 2.1 version. We have also added the ability for Offline Authorization as well. (Coming soon to Rapture Pro & Session)

You can see the full list of changes here:
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013440/Z3TA-2-2-1-Update

If you are a SONAR user running the VST2 of versions 2.1 or 2.2 we'd like for you to update Z3TA+ 2 before loading projects in the Lexington update. Lexington now supports Synth VST3 migration and doing so will ensure your projects load correctly when updating to Lexington.
2015/12/22 13:41:01
mixmkr
thx...I actually updated Sonar Plat before reading this and can verify an older session with several instances of Z3ta 2 is working fine.
Thanks and happy holidays.
2015/12/22 13:46:41
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Thank you for the quick feedback!
2015/12/22 16:33:14
Spencer
Still can't see the waveforms in the menus. Had the same bug in 2.2.
2015/12/22 16:33:23
Paul P

It would be nice if we could install this vst in our regular vstplugins folder (I've given up for the moment moving my vst3 folder off of C).  Had to move everything myself and edit the registry as no option is provided in the installer, only for content (and thanks at least for that). 

Other than that, and at first glance it seems to work properly.  What happened to the previous intro patch ?

2015/12/22 16:53:46
karlssonhaus
Still not working activation through CCC 1.1.2.2 Win 10 (offline also). As I realized - I have to update through Steam.
But if so, someone from Cakewalk PLEASE remove new Z3TA+ 2.2 (with second serial number) from my "connected" products list in CCC and site account. It useless there.
2015/12/22 22:09:47
craigr68
I installed the new version of zeta +2 and then Lexington.  When I opened my projects, I got a popup "Error uncompressing saved program!".  I noticed I got one popup per instance of Z3TA in each project.  I closed out each popup and then the project loaded.  However, then I noticed that every instance of Z3TA did not load the correct program.  So I opened each instance of Z3TA and re-selected the correct program, saved the project, and reopened the project with no errors.  However, as soon as I did another project save, closed the project, and reopened it, all that came undone and I was back to the same popup error.  I've been able to workaround the problem by deleting all the Z3TA synth instances and reinstating each instance again in every project, which was a major pain. 

Also, I used to be able to do program changes in Z3TA from an external midi synth by sending it a program change but that hasn't worked since this upgrade and the prior upgrade. To change a program I have to open the Z3TA panel, choose the program, and save the project for it to stick.
2015/12/23 08:16:35
joakes
I need to download it manually I guess - its in my account but not in CCC (I bought it in 2012).

Can't find a link anywhere to the update, even in my account.Does it exist as a manual upgrade ?

Cheers,
Jerry
2015/12/23 09:19:48
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
joakes
I need to download it manually I guess - its in my account but not in CCC (I bought it in 2012).

Can't find a link anywhere to the update, even in my account.Does it exist as a manual upgrade ?

Cheers,
Jerry

If Z3TA+ 2 shows in your account page, but not in Command Center, I'd suggest contacting our Support team, and they'll be able to take care of that for you. 
2015/12/23 09:24:47
John Joseph [Cakewalk]
@craigr: This is very concerning, we had worked hard to try and get a fix for all those cases so I'm sorry you had to go through that. For what it's worth, if you ever have to do that in the future you can save your programs as .fxp files and they should load in the new version. 

Still, we tried to be very careful about that specific case, where 2.1 projects saved by an earlier version of Sonar were being loaded by Z3TA+ 2.2.1 in Lexington... 

I'm confident you did the upgrade process correctly, but just to make me feel better can you check the version number in Z3TA+ 2's about screen? You open it by clicking the logo in the top left corner, it should be 2.2.1. 

Edit:
Also, was this project coming from 2.1? Or was it coming from 2.2, our previous recent release?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account