2015/12/23 09:51:39
TheMaartian
John Joseph [Cakewalk]
@craigr: This is very concerning, we had worked hard to try and get a fix for all those cases so I'm sorry you had to go through that. For what it's worth, if you ever have to do that in the future you can save your programs as .fxp files and they should load in the new version. 

Still, we tried to be very careful about that specific case, where 2.1 projects saved by an earlier version of Sonar were being loaded by Z3TA+ 2.2.1 in Lexington... 

I'm confident you did the upgrade process correctly, but just to make me feel better can you check the version number in Z3TA+ 2's about screen? You open it by clicking the logo in the top left corner, it should be 2.2.1. 

Edit:
Also, was this project coming from 2.1? Or was it coming from 2.2, our previous recent release?

This, right here, is why I have ZERO buyer's remorse for switching from Studio One/PreSonus to SONAR Platinum/Cakewalk.

A Baker coming into the user forum to address an issue raised by a user.

Never happened once that I noticed on the PreSonus forums. If the Trumpmeister really wants to build an effective wall, he could do worse than benchmark the wall PreSonus have built between themselves and their customers.

This example, and the many others just like it, really make me happy with the choice I made.

Apologies for the hijack.
2015/12/23 10:16:46
craigr68
Z3TA +2 about screen shows 2.2.1

I'm fairly new to Sonar so could have been something unique to me.  I bought Z3TA 2 on Nov 5, 2015 and installed the manual download.  Then later I discovered it in CCC and upgraded to the next version (assume that was 2.1).  Then yesterday upgraded to 2.2.1 (CCC shows version 2.2.1.114).  Anyway I got everything fixed by doing what I said above. 

Can anyone tell me if Z3TA 2 responds to Midi Prog Changes from an external Midi keyboard or do you have to go into the Z3TA screen to choose a program.  I'm sure the first version I installed worked for me with Midi kybd program changes, but not now.
2015/12/23 10:43:21
Snehankur
I am facing an issue regarding the patch change from keyboard.
Just now I have updated to 2.2.1.
Once loaded I tried to change the patch by Up-Down-Left-Right-PgUp-PgDn.
Patch change is not happening.
Now after I click the Right Pointer beside Patch name and it "GotFocus" then Down arrow changes to the next patch.
Once I click on any other control/area on the window and the marker "lostFocus" no patch changes occurs.
Again if I click on the Right Marker both Up and Down changes patch to the next one.
Same behavior for the left marker. Once it "GotFocus" both Up & Down changes patch to the previous one.
The patch changes are not limited within the patches of the same category. Once it reaches the first or the last patch the it takes to the previous/next bank depending on which marker [left/right] is in focus.

Wish it would be like PgUp/PgDn will change the bank and Up/Down or Left/Right with change the patch.

Regarding other controls in focus:
Rotary : Up/Down - on-key-press - large increment/decrement
Left/Right - on_key_press - small increment
If this is the desired functionality then Patch changes cannot be done by Left/Right/Up/Down as most of the cases some other control might be in focus.
Also regarding Slider controls:
the value reaches on_key_release not continuous as for rotary and it jumps to the final value depending on the duration I keep the Key_pressed.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Regards
SG
2015/12/23 10:58:13
John Joseph [Cakewalk]
WRT midi and program changes, you have to right click the button you're interested in and press Midi Learn, then press the midi control you'd like to associate with that. It can be a slider for knobs or a button for buttons (I think you can do a slider for buttons too but it's a little weird...)

Working on my end, anyway. In terms of key presses I think it's just whatever the last control you touched gets modified by the up-down arrows. Was that working differently for you before Z3TA+ 2.2? 

Edit: Oh and @TheMaartian
It's not like I like you or anything... b-b-baka!
2015/12/23 11:51:02
ricoskyl
Spencer
Still can't see the waveforms in the menus. Had the same bug in 2.2.

i can confirm this problem.  No waveform previews in drop down menus.  I tried various resolution settings.  No dice.
2015/12/23 11:54:39
agoldman
Is this the latest version?  Z3TA 2.2.1.113

2015/12/23 12:27:11
Snehankur
John Joseph [Cakewalk]
WRT midi and program changes, you have to right click the button you're interested in and press Midi Learn, then press the midi control you'd like to associate with that. It can be a slider for knobs or a button for buttons (I think you can do a slider for buttons too but it's a little weird...)

Working on my end, anyway. In terms of key presses I think it's just whatever the last control you touched gets modified by the up-down arrows. Was that working differently for you before Z3TA+ 2.2? 

Edit: Oh and @TheMaartian
It's not like I like you or anything... b-b-baka!

It was same before. When I had noticed by that time 2.2.1 had been announced to be out shortly. So I didn't make any post.
If up/down/Left/Right all affect the focused control can't we have another two keys may be PgUp/PgDn for chaning patches quickly. Also even when Right/Left Markers are in focus to change patch both Up/Down behaves same either patch.no=patch.no+1 or patch.no=patch.no-1
Thanks for replying.
SG
2015/12/23 15:21:39
joakes
Wow, what service, thanks Josh !!!

Downloading it now !!!

Cheers,
Jerry
2015/12/23 16:12:47
craigr68
More about program changes.  I am now using the up & down on my computer keyboard to audition sounds which is 1/2 of what I was trying to do.  Thanks Snehankur and John Joseph.  Midi Learn works for a controller but I can't get a program change from a Midi keyboard to change Z3TA sounds.

To be clear about what I'm trying to do - I'm trying to take a MIDI keyboard, and for simplicity sake, send a program change to a Z3TA track and have it change the program.  I have a Z3TA instrument track set to the correct Midi channel.  Even if you take the track settings and set the drop down Patch to some number, Z3TA does not switch programs.  You have to open up Z3TA and choose a program and save the project.  But this limits you to one sound per track.  

A few weeks ago I took all the provided Sonar Pro virtual synths and tested which ones will respond to MIDI program changes.  Initially TTS-1 and Z3TA worked well but all others did not - that last 2 updates to Z3TA do not work in this way.  So I get around it by creating multiple track/instances and assigning whatever MIDI channel and sound is needed.  If I want to change a program on one of the synths, I have to create another track/instance instead of simply sending that track a program change, which is discouraging.  And loading up more unnecessary instances bogs down your computer.  Why are program changes so difficult in Sonar or am I missing something?
2015/12/23 17:12:01
TheMaartian
craigr68
More about program changes.  I am now using the up & down on my computer keyboard to audition sounds which is 1/2 of what I was trying to do.  Thanks Snehankur and John Joseph.  Midi Learn works for a controller but I can't get a program change from a Midi keyboard to change Z3TA sounds.

To be clear about what I'm trying to do - I'm trying to take a MIDI keyboard, and for simplicity sake, send a program change to a Z3TA track and have it change the program.  I have a Z3TA instrument track set to the correct Midi channel.  Even if you take the track settings and set the drop down Patch to some number, Z3TA does not switch programs.  You have to open up Z3TA and choose a program and save the project.  But this limits you to one sound per track.  

A few weeks ago I took all the provided Sonar Pro virtual synths and tested which ones will respond to MIDI program changes.  Initially TTS-1 and Z3TA worked well but all others did not - that last 2 updates to Z3TA do not work in this way.  So I get around it by creating multiple track/instances and assigning whatever MIDI channel and sound is needed.  If I want to change a program on one of the synths, I have to create another track/instance instead of simply sending that track a program change, which is discouraging.  And loading up more unnecessary instances bogs down your computer.  Why are program changes so difficult in Sonar or am I missing something?

I'd sure like to be able to map my Patch +/- and Bank +/- keys on my P6 to Z3TA, but there's no MIDI Learn. I tend to work with new VIs in standalone mode to begin with (if they support it), so I guess I never tried using my PC's keyboard for program and bank changes. I'd just like to see MIDI Learn for those functions. I guess I don't care what the keyboard shortcuts are (but I should, methinks).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account