2015/12/27 19:30:08
mspielz
craigr68
I installed the new version of zeta +2 and then Lexington.  When I opened my projects, I got a popup "Error uncompressing saved program!".  I noticed I got one popup per instance of Z3TA in each project.  I closed out each popup and then the project loaded.  However, then I noticed that every instance of Z3TA did not load the correct program.  So I opened each instance of Z3TA and re-selected the correct program, saved the project, and reopened the project with no errors.  However, as soon as I did another project save, closed the project, and reopened it, all that came undone and I was back to the same popup error.  I've been able to workaround the problem by deleting all the Z3TA synth instances and reinstating each instance again in every project, which was a major pain. 

I'm experiencing the same problem since I've updated Sonar Platinum to Lexington and Z3ta+2 to 2.2.1.114, complete with thinking that the problem was fixed after selecting the right program again, then save and close again, only to get the error message, "Error uncompressing saved program," again. 
2015/12/29 08:45:31
Tibear
This Z3ta+2.2.1 issue is a real pain. It is worse now than before the Lexington update. I had fixed the issue by re-installing the 2.1  version. But now I have the "Error uncompressing saved program" message all the times I try to open a project were there in a Z3ta+2  instance. At the beginning,  after the Lexington update it seemed to work correctly but since yesterday it is worse than ever. And for some songs I cannot remember the preset name I had chosen...!
2015/12/29 10:04:05
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Tibear
This Z3ta+2.2.1 issue is a real pain. It is worse now than before the Lexington update. I had fixed the issue by re-installing the 2.1  version. But now I have the "Error uncompressing saved program" message all the times I try to open a project were there in a Z3ta+2  instance. At the beginning,  after the Lexington update it seemed to work correctly but since yesterday it is worse than ever. And for some songs I cannot remember the preset name I had chosen...!

There are a couple specific scenarios where you might have trouble getting your programs to load with the latest update, but there are ways to work around this. If you're stuck I'd suggest getting a hold of our Tech Support and they can walk you through some things you can try that should get you up and running. Any projects that were saved with Z3TA+ 2.1 should load correctly with the VST3 v2.2.1 in SONAR Lexington however. Likewise with any VST3 instances of 2.2.0. 
2016/01/01 01:50:30
fantini
When I try to Update Z3TA+2  2.2.1.114 the Command Center displays a  "Command Center has Stopped working. Close Program" Prompt.   I'm using Command Center Version 1.1.2.2 and it has been working fine for everything else.
Thanks for any ideas.  Happy New Year!

i7-6700, 16GB RAM - Steinberg UR44 - Novation Impulse 61 - JBL LSR308 Monitors - Sonar Platinum Lexington 64 & 32 - Harmor - Rapture Pro - GPO - Harmless - Z3TA 2 - Octopus - Primary vocal and voice mikes: AT4040 and Cad VSM-1 Tube.  Studio type: Open windows, birds, and trains.

2016/01/02 03:16:53
blipofthefish
The Steam version is still @ 2.1??
2016/01/02 04:30:49
pwalpwal
2016/01/06 21:57:13
Firesong X
I am using Sonar Platinum on a 64 bit Windows 10 system using 16 GB of Ram and a 3.5GHz I7 4770.  I had upgraded from Z3ta+2.1 to Z3ta+2.2 and encountered the same issue that many had reported when loading projects containing tracks generated using Z3ta+2.1 after the upgrade to 2.2, so I was very happy when 2.2.1 and Lexington arrived.  I updated Z3ta+2 to 2.2.1 and the updated to Lexington.   After doing so, all of the issues seemed to have been resolved and all of my Z3ta+2 projects worked again as they had before the update to 2.2.  After a couple of weeks, things were still functioning well until Sonar crashed when I was recording a track in a new project.  When this happened, the Error reporter popped up  and when I tried to submit the error, it crashed too.  Since that crash, I have been consistently getting the popup "Error uncompressing saved program".  I close the popup and get another just like it (one for each track that uses Z3ta+2).   After the last popup is closed, the project loads, but the Z3ta+2  tracks   don't play properly, instead they play the original Z3ta+2 presets.  I have tried rebooting, reinstalling the Zeta+2 from CCC, but the problem persists.    I have verified the version and it is 2.2.1 and the Sonar is Sonar Platinum - Lexington.    Any guidance or assistance that anyone could lend would be most welcome as many of my projects are now not functional.

Thanks
2016/01/07 02:07:31
Teksonik
Oh for the days when it was just a simple serial number.  I can't upgrade to the latest version of Z3TA+ because I'm not installing the Cakewalk Command Center. I guess Cakewalk software is dead ended for me.  Not getting on the Sonar treadmill so X3e is the last version. Just too much extra baggage anymore....CCC, Steam. Good luck Cakewalk. Hopefully one day you'll get it sorted and go back to being user friendly....and stable.
2016/01/07 10:10:05
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Teksonik
Oh for the days when it was just a simple serial number.  I can't upgrade to the latest version of Z3TA+ because I'm not installing the Cakewalk Command Center. I guess Cakewalk software is dead ended for me.  Not getting on the Sonar treadmill so X3e is the last version. Just too much extra baggage anymore....CCC, Steam. Good luck Cakewalk. Hopefully one day you'll get it sorted and go back to being user friendly....and stable.

Z3TA+ 2.2.1 has offline activation that does not require Command Center.
2016/01/07 10:29:05
pwalpwal
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]

Z3TA+ 2.2.1 has offline activation that does not require Command Center.

yay!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account