2016/01/31 19:24:46
Frequency Studios
Not having VCA's is going to be a dealbreaker When will this be implemented ?  moving to Cubase very soon if this doesn't get sorted 
2016/01/31 19:37:07
dwardzala
What part of this functionality is so critical to your workstream?
2016/01/31 20:10:30
Frequency Studios
Hi Dave, Good name !  For one having the ability to ride individual fades in a group during automation, maintaining a proper ratio of post fader effect send signals, amongst others necessary to an efficient professional workflow 

Cheers, Dave 
2016/02/01 08:39:41
dcumpian
Agreed. VCA's have a place and can be very useful in a complex mix.

Regards,
Dan
2016/02/05 06:48:29
Alex Elzer
Sorry  for my ignorance, but why not use group manager?
2016/02/05 17:34:34
jpetersen
Pardon my even greater ignorance, but:
VCA = Voltage Controlled Amplifier?
2016/02/05 21:22:50
Frequency Studios
Correct  While not an entirely accurate term in this instance DCA or digitally controlled amplifier would be more accurate  VCA"s are a throwback to analog consoles same concept though 

2016/02/05 21:39:47
Frequency Studios
Alex von Elzer
Sorry  for my ignorance, but why not use group manager?

Please do some research on VCA's or DCA's (same thing different tech) if it is still not apparent I will explain. Quickly though for one example groups as they exist currently in Sonar will not allow you to automate individual tracks inside the group without deselecting that track from the group(and no easy way to do that even )amongst other things groups are not the same as VCA/DCA's  in that a VCA is really a way to remotely control the level of a channel or group of channels from a single fader Whereas a group is a place to send channels post-fader. Groups are useful for applying the same processing to a group of inputs VCA's are useful for mixing similar types of instruments 

It's not uncommon for people to confuse VCAs and Groups or not fully understand their uses/functions Which is why I strongly suggest some due diligence in the research department before jumping into the conversation 

Cheers, D
2016/02/05 22:15:13
Kev999
Frequency Studios
...I strongly suggest some due diligence in the research department before jumping into the conversation...

I disagree. I believe that the onus is on the individual who is putting forward the proposal to explain what it means and how it would be beneficial.
2016/02/08 05:17:14
Hatstand
perhaps you could explain the scenarios where the current track automation grouping falls short of your needs? it might help your fellow forum contributors understand what you think is missing in the current functionality. The manual information is here;
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Mixing.43.html
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account