2016/02/23 12:22:22
Soundwise
brconflict
yes, metering included would be divine. :)

I agree! 
2016/02/26 07:39:25
BASSJOKER
Got my vote on this one....very good points by all.  I just began getting into the realm of 3rd party use....and am only using MC7 at this stage....but I follow suit of what you all are dealing with as for the workflow thing....and yeah...having to open (if I even use it in said project) the TH2 up every instance to tune a guitar gets silly.  I just use my phone mostly anyhow...lol. 
 That said ...overall I am very happy so far with the results im getting with MC7 ..but I suspect more of the quirks you all deal with on higher levels of mastering are coming my way.  Thankful for the forum to continue soaking and learning from your experiences.

2016/03/08 03:07:14
kennywtelejazz
SONAR is a Great DAW , Samplitude has much better metering 

There I said it . Do I need to go into details ?

Kenny
2016/03/09 12:04:56
John
I would be for this idea if CW makes the various displays good looking and useful. Customizable too. The model they might want to use is the Flux meters and displays. As a second model Izotope's Insight would be nice. I would not care for an after thought type approach. Throw something together and call it a day. 

Studio one has a good approach in this regard. I leave up to them to be creative in how they look and what they do. Above all else they must be accurate.   
2016/03/09 17:09:03
Paul P
I've said it before.  Cakewalk could really distinguish itself, and attract countless new customers, if it offered a comprehensive framework for mastering songs/audio to ITU BS.1770-3 (EBU R 128 in Europe, ATSC A/85 in America, etc.).  Great metering and whatever is needed for easy loudness normalization.  Dare to be at the forefront.
2016/03/10 09:53:22
streckfus
I use a combination of Voxengo SPAN/AnSpec and T-Racks Metering, and while it works just fine, it would be nice if SONAR has its own dockable metering suite as has been suggested.  More streamlined than having a handful of plugin windows open.

As Soundwise has already brought up, SONAR already has spectrum analyzer functionality (Quad-Curve EQ), standard track meters, etc. so I wouldn't think it would be a major undertaking to create a suite like this. Then again, I've developed software as often as I've walked on the moon, so what do I know!
2016/03/16 03:39:38
kennywtelejazz
I sure like this metering .
The screen shot is off one of my computers .

Kenny
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account