2016/10/04 18:34:43
Sidroe
Hi, guys! I have a friend of mine who uses a Mac computer and he is using BIAS Peak to master with. He has called me and ask me how to write the metadata, (Song title, Composer, etc.) in to his AIFF files when he masters the CD. I am a PC guy, always have been. I don't have the faintest idea on a Mac. Can someone help, please! This is an album and he is struggling to meet a deadline.
2016/10/06 19:49:13
tlw
I'm in one place and my Macs are in another, but off the top of my head...

Load the aiff files into itunes (it won't compress them or anything, bit take a backup of them to be on the safe side). Easiest way is to just put them in a folder and tell itunes to add that to the library. Or click on each so they get added to the library that way then find them under "recent items".

Right clicking on the files then lets you call up the info on the file. Put the tag stuff in there and click on OK. A bit slow if there are a lot of tracks, but some copy and pasting should help. To see what goes where take a look at the info for a few commercial releases.

Edit - Apple call "right clicking" option-clicking, but even the most die-hard OS X-only person should know what's meant.
2016/10/08 21:24:00
jimfogle
I use a program called MP3tag.  It's free, can be customized,  does batch files and is available for both pc and MacOs platforms.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account