2018/05/31 00:21:36
Chandler
I celestionplus and ownhammer.
2018/05/31 19:27:16
Jim Roseberry
At the risk of derailing this thead:

If you already have a nice tube-amp/s... and you're you're looking for a great sounding (silent) means to record it;
check out the UA Ox Amp Top Box.
It's not cheap, but it's the closest you'll come to the sound of a cranked-up fully mic'd amp.
Here's a video of a "dimed" Marshall JMP-1970 recorded using the OX:
https://www.thegearpage.n...ex.php?posts/26533815/
2018/06/01 15:55:12
Mesh
Wow, that UA Ox Box sounds fantastic.....really fantastic...... I want!!
Oh, the price...

So, what IR Loaders do you guys use?
2018/06/01 19:04:10
Vilovilo
Hi,
Celestion and Red Wire Ir's using Pristine Space ( I got some years ago) bridged with Jbridge ,a little bit capricious,but I prefer it compared with Th3 with wich I never know what is going on.
Using a french attenator named P&P which costs around 60 boxes ,not as good as the one mentionned above but less expensive.....,I have a cheap Peavey Classic 30, and I am glad I can use it from time to time at home with this tool. When I record guitar ,I mute the output of the attenuator and don't use the direct out which I don't like but plug the external hp output ( which is after the attenuator,...allows to use the gain of the amp without overloading the signal chain) of the amp in a Redbox from Hugues and Kettner ( I think you can get one for 5 boxes) into the soundcard ,or whatever in I want ( preamp or mixer...),I think it can make some part of the trick..The brand P&P is worth a look ( no endorsement) and I think the guy can ship it oversea...
Hope it helps.
Olivier.
2018/06/02 11:30:42
BobF
I like my Red Box 5 a lot.  H&K recommends and provides a mic IR.
2018/06/02 15:26:54
jude77
Mesh
Wow, that UA Ox Box sounds fantastic.....really fantastic...... I want!!
Oh, the price...

So, what IR Loaders do you guys use?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!  Funniest post of the month.
2018/06/02 17:03:45
clintmartin
Ownhammer and Celestionplus get the most use here. Redwirez has the excellent MixIRII, and a ton of good IRs.
2018/06/03 19:08:13
jbraner
If you're going to use Wall of Sound - try their own format cabs (they're not "normal" IRs). You get a couple with the download, otherwise they don't cost any more than IRs - AND you can audition them within the plugin - before you buy.

Otherwise - I like the Ownhammer ones the best.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account