• Software
  • Waves Studio Rack - Who Uses it and Why?
2018/06/04 20:10:45
Jesse G
I have been looking at the Waves Studio Rack lately and I'm wondering if I should start incorporating it in my sessions for my Waves Plugins to save plugins and settings for other session I work on..

What are your Pros and Cons concerning Waves Studio Rack?
2018/06/04 20:16:51
BobF
I think it's pretty nifty.  The only reason I haven't incorporated it into my projects is that it will only loads Waves plugs - and I use others too.
2018/06/04 21:58:20
Jesse G
Bob F.

Yes, currently it only accepts Waves Plugins, however, Waves is working on an update to make it able to accept other plugins.   I just downloaded and install the software through Waves Central. I created a separate folder called Waves Studio Rack so that I could find it faster w/o having to hunt through all of my Waves Plugins.

When I inserted it first on keyboard track, it took a few seconds to come up.  The GUI lookes really nice. adding plugins was really quick and they were already organized in groups, ( EQ, Dynamics, Delay....)  really nice.
The Plugin is really easy to use and it doesn't take up additional processioning power  to have the Studio Rack in the session. 

I have some more probing to do, butt I like it very much.

2018/06/04 23:59:24
BobF
I like it too.  Once it supports all VSTs, I'll be using it.
2018/06/05 01:09:08
Grem
Why use it instead of the FX bin? Or FX Chains?
2018/06/05 01:19:48
BobF
Portability?
2018/06/05 01:48:29
Grem
BobF

Portability?

Not understanding here. Maybe I should give the plugin a look and see what I am missing.

A few years ago I saw that Blue Cat had come out with the MB-7 that I was interested in. But just left it alone because my reasoning was why put a plugin in the fx bin to put other plugin's in. I have to admit I have just such a plugin, the Lindell ChannelX. It allows me to load all three of the Lindell plugins that fit in the ChannelX all at one time. And I can have all three there working with them at the same time.

So my question was an honest one in that I am not seeing the 'why' as an alternative to what we already have. 

Reading what it does, I thought it was geared for Studio Grid Servers. But maybe there is something else I am not getting? 
2018/06/05 02:09:57
Grem
BobF

Portability?

Not understanding here.

Probably referring to moving plugin chains between different DAWs easily.
2018/06/05 03:39:44
Grem
Matron Landslide

Probably referring to moving plugin chains between different DAWs easily.

I could see that being a plus.  Thanks ML
2018/06/05 12:27:47
BobF
Yes, DAW portability ... and because I like the layout and the way it operates, I would like to have the presets available across any of the DAWs I find myself using.

I do hope a new version with generic VST support comes out.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account