• Software
  • Cockos Cockos updates REAPER to v5.91
2018/06/05 00:59:15
cclarry
Cockos has updated REAPER to v5.91.
Changes:
  • ReaScript:
    • add drag and drop receive support with gfx.getdropfile () /gfx_getdropfile ().
    • allow deferred script execution to continue during modal windows triggered by MIDI.
    • fix SnapToGrid () for slightly-offscreen points.
    • StuffMIDIMessage () for control defers to process similar to a hardware MIDI event.
  • Accessibility:
    • improve keyboard navigation for control surface configuration.
    • label AI properties sliders.
  • FX:
    • fix create shortcut for video processors.
    • fix truncated labels for insert chain actions.
  • MusicXML:
    • fix memory error on musicXML import.
    • import files with .musicxml extension as well as .xml.
    • always import MusicXML files to built-in project MIDI, rather than file reference.
  • ReaSurround:
    • fix small UI positioning glitch.
    • fix memory leak.
  • Routing:
    • update affected tracks when adding hardware outputs en masse.
    • repopulate channel selection list when track channel count changes.
  • Guides: optionally do not draw horizontal guides when moving items.
  • MIDI editor: update CC lane combo boxes when loading note names.
  • Render: fix $samplerate wildcard (uses render samplerate rather than audio device rate).
  • Snap: improve item quantize and stretch marker snap behavior near tempo markers.
  • Stability: prevent deadlock when using SetObjectState () with certain state on track FX (SWS issue ID 992).
  • VST: do not inform VST3 of track channel changes by default, allow override for all instances of a plug-in or per-instance with channel count.

Read more at  [link=http://www.reaper.f]www.reaper.f[/link]
2018/06/05 04:15:37
JohnKenn
Don't know what the hell any of this means, but things must be getting better by the looks of it.
5.90 on the rig and it sails like a rocket. Downloading 5.91 now.
Thanks Larry for this and so many other heads ups.
John

2018/06/05 17:17:58
kitekrazy1
JohnKenn
Don't know what the hell any of this means, but things must be getting better by the looks of it.
5.90 on the rig and it sails like a rocket. Downloading 5.91 now.
Thanks Larry for this and so many other heads ups.
John

It's a deep DAW and I have hope of learning to where I understand this stuff.
2018/06/05 18:01:50
mettelus
That is rare to see a ".91" release! Almost like they are avoiding the major one... if they get to ".991" they might have a phobia with the number 6
2018/06/05 19:03:03
Billy Buck
mettelus
That is rare to see a ".91" release! Almost like they are avoiding the major one... if they get to ".991" they might have a phobia with the number 6

My understanding from reading and participating in the REAPER beta forum, the Cockos folks are awaiting the "official" release from Celemony of ARA 2 to the public before releasing REAPER 6 ( main new feature). The REAPER developers have been working very closely with Celemony since last year on getting REAPER fully ARA 2 compliant. Word is ARA 2 is pretty much finished and working in REAPER 6 beta and the official ARA 2 release from Celemony is very close. If the Melodyne ARA 2  update had been released last month, REAPER 6 would have coincided with that. So in the meantime, REAPER continues to get minor enhancements and bug fixes.
2018/06/06 03:06:37
Grem
I learned a lot about what Reaper can do before the walking dead came back around. : )

All I really needed to do was learn how to record/comp with Reaper. Had I done that, I may have not come back.
2018/06/06 10:02:21
azslow3
There are many users which have the license till 5.99 only... so 6.0 has to be a "major" change. Some newcomers, as me, will get only a half of year with 5.xx, while other have it for years, for the same price! If that goes so fast, I will have to pay AGAIN before 2020! 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account