2018/10/25 03:39:30
tecknot
I would make copies before throwing them, just in case.

Kind regards,

tecknot
2018/10/25 05:03:45
mettelus
Cactus Music
It's getting so DVD drives are not even included on laptops.

Even desktops are not coming with DVD ROMs anymore and the external ones seems to be slow as all get out.

ISO is the safest long-term route, but definitely be sure to make a text file for each with the Reg Codes and S/Ns. Even putting disks into a binder (will save a lot of space) you can hose yourself by blindly throwing away the inserts, since many inserts were where the codes were printed.
2018/10/25 12:14:10
Leadfoot
I would keep the discs. Hard drives, usb sticks, etc, can fail. Like bit said, get a pack of those disc sleeves or something if you need to consolidate.
2018/10/25 13:55:19
bapu
Make a Win XP sandwich. One slice of (CD) PA9, one slice of (CD) Win XP and one slice (CD) SONAR 8.

Mmmmmmmm tasty.
2018/10/25 15:40:52
John
Hidden_Symmetry
haydn12
Steve Dahl was the DJ who was behind the Disco demolition night.  I partied with him at a softball game they used to hold when he still a DJ at a Detroit station!

Jim

Ah, the quintessential stoners radio station WABX. I (almost) remember it well...

I loved WABX. It didn't last as long as I would have liked. Its where I first heard Jimi Hendrix. Also the Amboy Dukes. I was not a stoner either! Good memories! 
2018/10/25 15:48:55
John
I would keep some if not all the old disks because some have useful plugins on them. Pantheon is one. 
2018/10/25 15:58:45
TheMaartian
BadBill
Disco demolition!
I was there that night at Comisky Park. I believe the Loop 97.9 radio station sponsored this. It was definitely a BLAST, but as a fan they $%& up the field. 

I loved the old Comiskey Park. For baseball, stoners sat in the left field bleachers. Sox management knew how to take care of us. The only hot dog with grilled onions in the park? Yup, left field/third base line. The only beer wagon with imported beer in the park? Yup, right next to the hot dog stand!

When the Chicago Sting (previous outdoor soccer league) played there, stoners sat in the right field bleachers. And mgmt moved the beer wagon!

I was on a suburban village council at the time. Several of us trustees, the local bar owner and a couple of cops formed WBSA (pronounced Weeb-Sa)...the Winfield Benevolent Sportsman's Association. We'd hire a driver and a van, and head down to Comiskey. And then the bars. Nothing like a hired designated driver!
2018/10/25 16:02:13
retired_account
John
Hidden_Symmetry
haydn12
Steve Dahl was the DJ who was behind the Disco demolition night.  I partied with him at a softball game they used to hold when he still a DJ at a Detroit station!

Jim

Ah, the quintessential stoners radio station WABX. I (almost) remember it well...

I loved WABX. It didn't last as long as I would have liked. Its where I first heard Jimi Hendrix. Also the Amboy Dukes. I was not a stoner either! Good memories! 

No stoner then either, 9 years old started listening to WABX around '67. It's also where I first heard Hendrix & bought tickets  to see him at Cobo. Amboy Dukes, MC5, Seger, Stooges used to play in a shopping center were I grew up. Fun youth.
2018/10/25 16:09:59
fireberd
Sort of off topic.  I'm a "real" Stoner.  That's my last name.  LOL

2018/10/25 19:22:49
Wayfarer
gustabo
Make a mobile...

Tis beautiful!

Bill
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account