• SONAR
  • Audio files location(s)
2018/11/01 20:32:23
MorganT
Apologies, I KNOW this has been discussed in this forum in the past, but I cannot find the thread

Since Sonar developed per-project audio files, I have always kept my audio files in the Audio folder within that project.  However, I just uncovered that my audio files for a project (called "Runnin Out of Time") are being stored on a backup drive (my J: drive), in a folder called "runnin out of time backup".  This started in August, all my audio files prior to that are where they used to be.  My Preferences file locations show NO reference to J: drive for anything (all are set to D: or C: drives.)

I know there used to be a store audio global vs store audio local check box in the Preferences > Record section, but I can't find that anywhere in Preferences.

Any suggestions on:
(1) How to reset whatever is screwed up so my audio files store in the Audio folder within the same project?
(2) How to move my audio files back where they belong, so the project knows where the audio is stored?
2018/11/01 20:39:53
scook
File > Save As can perform both tasks.
(1) is fixed by the audio path entry in the Save As dialog
(2) is fixed by enabling "Copy all audio with project"

Per-project audio folders are the default and the preference option was removed some time ago.
2018/11/01 20:52:51
MorganT
THANKS!!

Any idea how this got re-set to my backup disk drive?  (So I don't recreate the same problem!)
2018/11/01 21:12:46
scook
It takes some effort to create a per-project audio folder that is not nested under the project. To do so requires changing the audio path in the New or Save dialogs.

When using the default per-project audio folder, the project stores the audio folder as a relative path. When using a non-default location the project stores the absolute path to the audio folder.

2018/11/01 21:41:18
MorganT
I certainly don't recall changing the path at any point...but must have somehow.
Thanks!
2018/11/01 21:45:03
bitflipper
Brilliant solution, Steve! My first instincts were toward vastly more complicated actions. Glad you answered the question first. :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account