• Features & Ideas
  • Cakewalk Command Center/Platinum - Download Files and Some Other Suggestions (p.2)
2016/03/12 22:11:34
sojournx
Ok, so I took the plunge and plunked down for a new copy of Sonar Professional. I have been a Producer and X2 user for years. I follow the suggestion to use the CC for the "Best Experience" and I don't even get the opportunity to control where I NEED the program installed. I like many others I have a smaller SDD and was a bit stunned when not given the opportunity to configure the installation according to my need and not the whim of some d!<k wad programmer to make this choice! Ok! sorry for the language but. . . . . I think the thing that perturbs me the most is that I read the posts that are over a year old and this issue is still ignored. I mean C"MON! Is this lack of response what I now have to look forward to? Now that I think about it, I had not seen an update of any kind for Producer since 8.5! Is that a small tinge of regret brewing in the pit of my stomach?
 Now I have to spend the time to extricate the program and do a manual install. Yes, this is not a monumental task but I hate being time burgled. Hoping it is all worth it but still disappointed out of the gate. Not what I would call a "Best Experience".
2016/03/12 22:18:34
scook
There is a settings page to control where the components get installed. Enable verbose mode on the options tab and VST paths on the paths tab. Click the gear in the upper right of the Command Center to access the settings page.

Given price reductions on larger SSDs maybe a new system drive would be a good idea.

Here are the clean install instructions https://www.cakewalk.com/...n-Install-Instructions
2016/03/13 01:10:43
sojournx
Scook, Thanks for the tip. And yes a new and bigger SDD drive would be great! Maybe I should have plunked down for that first but because I have a great 1TB  D drive I didn't really think it would be and issue. I guess it has been so long since I've had a program install without the user input on where to install that it just didn't occur to me that I would 1)think that there would be an option setting for it and 2) that I would need to have to manually change a setting that I was unaware even existed.
The install screen on CC does not indicate anything except "Hey! Install!"
I mean really, when was the last time you installed a program that just predetermined the install location without at minimum allowing you to acknowledge the location before the install began???? Like back in Windows  Maybe! LOL!
Anyway, again thank you for the tip. It just would have been nice to know before hand. Even just a small blurb about the verbose option on the CC splash screen . . .don't you think?  :-]
2016/03/13 02:06:49
sojournx
That is to say like back in windows 95.  :-]

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account