• Features & Ideas
  • Feature R... Midi Multi Band Frequency Filter w the Ability to Solo the Individual Bands (p.3)
2016/03/09 22:44:39
kennywtelejazz
azlow3 ,
It looks like to me that I have to do a bit of studying and reading on your thread to get up to speed ..
this is as far as I got .

It show s up , now I have to figure out how to import

thanks for listening to my new tune

Kenny
2016/03/10 03:14:11
azslow3
In the last post of the description/documentation topic: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,286.msg1370.html#msg1370 there is attached file: AZLua_Examples_v2.spp
Download it and follow the second part of Installation instructions (post number 2 in that topic).

In short words, what you see it the plug-in which does nothing by itself. You need some preset, which unlike conventional plug-ins, is the program.
2016/03/10 16:36:49
kennywtelejazz
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here .
I had downloaded the preset and I have read post # 2 ...
Where I'm getting stuck is I open SONAR , place a midi track w a midi example on it  , then I add the plug to the midi track and for some odd reason it seems that I can not call up the import preset function ...
is there something simple I'm missing ?
all the best ,

Kenny
2016/03/10 18:02:07
azslow3
I reprint (modified) part you should do once, no MIDI tracks required. Important part in bold

• Open Cakewalk Plug-in Manager from Sonar Utilities menu
  • Select "MIDI Effects", "AZ Lua".
  • Press "Import..." buttons, select SPP file, press "Open"
  • "Close" the manager
  • Normally imported presets appear is the plug-in presets list without Sonar restart. But sometimes the restart is required

• After that, when you see the picture you have posted before, click where you see "No preset" in the left top corner. Select "Example: 3 bands".

When you start using it, you will immediately notice that changing parameters do not have immediate effect. It takes 1-2 measures. That is Sonar "feature", nothing I can correct... Sonar "preparing" MIDI buffer in advance, there is no way to discard already prepared part. In fact Stop/Start can be faster way to apply the change. Fortunately in live mode that is not a problem.

2016/03/10 18:29:53
    azslow3
    You have almost convinced me to make YouTube videos how to setup my programs 

2016/03/11 16:56:00
    kennywtelejazz
    azslow3
    You have almost convinced me to make YouTube videos how to setup my programs 

azslow3  ,
    Yes , I may need to have to go there and see how its done ...
    I have tried to follow your directions to the T ...still no import dialog shows .
    On the Advice of my Legal Counsel I invoke my right to be not the sharpest knife in the kitchen .
    I'm just a Guitar Player Mon... "

all the best  ,

Kenny
    2016/03/11 17:24:17
    azslow3
    Lets try with the screen capture:

2016/03/11 17:44:11
    kennywtelejazz
    azslow3
    Lets try with the screen capture:

azlow3 ,

WOW , that worked

thank you ....

later on after I take care of my daily chores , I hope to be able to make some time to give your plug a run through .

all the best ,

Kenny
    2016/03/16 03:29:35
    kennywtelejazz
    I have messed around with this a little bit , still have a ways to go as far as learning how to use it ..
    Hope to get back to it in a day or two …

Kenny
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account