2018/05/24 00:24:01
Kamikaze
Chord Data is part of ARA2 plans, so I expected this as Studio one was the first to adopt ARA's tempo mapping function. It seems ARA2 is delayed, so I wnder if they were holding out n the release of V4.

I am kind of expecting Chord Tracks to be part of Cake's Official release,  especially if it coincides with ARA2

2018/05/24 06:07:31
dubdisciple
One of the bittersweet things about such an upgrade is these are all things Cakewalk could have had a head start on. With that said, cakewalk can do one thing for now that studio one can’t as far as step sequencer, jump back and forth between prv and step sequencer
2018/05/24 10:06:44
mudgel
Kamikaze
Chord Data is part of ARA2 plans, so I expected this as Studio one was the first to adopt ARA's tempo mapping function. It seems ARA2 is delayed, so I wnder if they were holding out n the release of V4.

I am kind of expecting Chord Tracks to be part of Cake's Official release,  especially if it coincides with ARA2

How do you mean “Cake’s official release.”?
2018/05/24 10:28:47
Kamikaze
It's still in the 'Early Access' Phase at the moment.

https://cakewalk.bandlab.com/

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3755207
2018/05/24 14:29:59
Resonant Serpent
Did they update the manual for version 4? They missed adding several serious updates to the version 3 manual.
2018/05/24 17:22:06
BobF
The manual that installs for use from within SO is completely up-to-date.  It was also kept up-to-date for V3.

The PDF is a different story and prolly what you're referring to.  The Quick Start PDF is the only PDF manual for V4 ... for now anyway, not that I expect to see a new in-depth PDF.
2018/05/24 18:14:37
BobF
batsbrew
InstrEd
batsbrew
just bought 3.5 !!
 LOL
 wont be springing for anything new again for a long time.
i just recently updated from sonar 6 PE!

When did you Buy 3.5?
If you recently registered it I bet 4.0 will be in your Presonus account.

thanks for the headsup,
but it's not there as an option.

i bought back in late february, but didn't install until april.

IIRC, there is a 60 day grace.  I would contact PreSonus support and see if they'll do anything for you based on the install/activate date
2018/05/24 19:14:56
Anderton
fresh101
  1. Chord Track
  2. Full Sampler
  3. ARA 2
  4. Pad base drum sampler etc
I notice these are popular feature requests for Sonar. Hmn.... Think the ship jumpers (no offense) may have had a bit of an influence on this?

Probably not, it's just what programs need to stay current with musical tastes. But forums are forums. If these had been added to Sonar, the Sonar forums would have been filled with people giving hosannas and kudos. A lot of SO4 people are complaining that the update is only for EDM fans and of no use to them  

I'm getting soooo tired of all the DAW forums being filled with people who act like what they want is more important than anything else, and if it's not implemented, they're going to move to another DAW and the company making it is clueless, stupid, and filled with idiot developers. I particularly enjoy the people who bash features they've never used.
2018/05/24 19:57:05
dubdisciple
Anderton, I concur. The added features directly address issues modern pop music creators have been begging for. Why would a company ignore such a lucrative base?
2018/05/24 22:16:41
batsbrew
off with their heads!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account