2018/05/25 00:54:22
Jesse G
InstrEd
I'd contact them and plead your case :)

I brought Version 3.5 during the sale from JRRshop but didn't register until yesterday. This morning version 4 is in my account.

Are you serious ????  AAWWWEEE SHUCKKKSSSSS !!  Gottaaa Get Studio One 3.5
2018/05/25 02:47:53
kson
FYI, when you install it,it doesn’t overwrite V3. It actually acts as a new install but shares your configuration settings w V3 - shortcut keys and all. Nice.
2018/05/25 10:29:09
danbottomburp
Anderton
fresh101
  1. Chord Track
  2. Full Sampler
  3. ARA 2
  4. Pad base drum sampler etc
I notice these are popular feature requests for Sonar. Hmn.... Think the ship jumpers (no offense) may have had a bit of an influence on this?

Probably not, it's just what programs need to stay current with musical tastes. But forums are forums. If these had been added to Sonar, the Sonar forums would have been filled with people giving hosannas and kudos. A lot of SO4 people are complaining that the update is only for EDM fans and of no use to them  

I'm getting soooo tired of all the DAW forums being filled with people who act like what they want is more important than anything else, and if it's not implemented, they're going to move to another DAW and the company making it is clueless, stupid, and filled with idiot developers. I particularly enjoy the people who bash features they've never used.

Agree entirely,one forum member over on the Presonus website made me laugh when he said this,and i quote "people who cannot play chords should not be making music" in relation to the chord track feauture

It's staggering the self entitlement of some people,you couldn't make this s**t up 

2018/05/25 13:11:38
Kamikaze
I can't play chords on my sax or flute. Neither can most of an orchestra

2018/05/25 13:45:24
BobF
danbottomburp
Anderton
fresh101
  1. Chord Track
  2. Full Sampler
  3. ARA 2
  4. Pad base drum sampler etc
I notice these are popular feature requests for Sonar. Hmn.... Think the ship jumpers (no offense) may have had a bit of an influence on this?

Probably not, it's just what programs need to stay current with musical tastes. But forums are forums. If these had been added to Sonar, the Sonar forums would have been filled with people giving hosannas and kudos. A lot of SO4 people are complaining that the update is only for EDM fans and of no use to them  

I'm getting soooo tired of all the DAW forums being filled with people who act like what they want is more important than anything else, and if it's not implemented, they're going to move to another DAW and the company making it is clueless, stupid, and filled with idiot developers. I particularly enjoy the people who bash features they've never used.

Agree entirely,one forum member over on the Presonus website made me laugh when he said this,and i quote "people who cannot play chords should not be making music" in relation to the chord track feauture

It's staggering the self entitlement of some people,you couldn't make this s**t up 

It's even funnier considering that the CT feature doesn't generate anything.  It alters tracks that have already been recorded.  It's actually pretty neat.

2018/05/25 14:00:24
Brando
How are you liking S4 Bob? I haven't opened Cakewalk or Reaper in quite a while, and I am just getting my head around S3.5. I'm at a point where I am just starting to get acclimatized and comfortable with a workflow, and S4 shows up. LOL. Not sure if I want to jump in or wait - I know a lot of users everywhere were clamoring for a chord track. Not anything I see myself needing - but I said the same thing about the arranger track and can't imagine working without it now. 
2018/05/25 14:28:43
TheMaartian
If for no other reason than the improvement in speed (v4 feels FAST compared to v3.5), upgrading was worth it.
2018/05/25 14:38:36
Brando
TheMaartian
If for no other reason than the improvement in speed (v4 feels FAST compared to v3.5), upgrading was worth it.

I bought the S4 update when it was first available but it's sitting in my Presonus account. That's very encouraging though, but 3.5 is so efficient anyway. Did you have any of the license/activation issues John?

2018/05/25 14:39:01
BobF
Brando
How are you liking S4 Bob? I haven't opened Cakewalk or Reaper in quite a while, and I am just getting my head around S3.5. I'm at a point where I am just starting to get acclimatized and comfortable with a workflow, and S4 shows up. LOL. Not sure if I want to jump in or wait - I know a lot of users everywhere were clamoring for a chord track. Not anything I see myself needing - but I said the same thing about the arranger track and can't imagine working without it now. 

I'm liking it a lot.  I spent a good amount of time getting Reaper just so ... a ton to like there too ... but I'm more comfy with Studio One.  There are a few trade-offs, but overall that's where I've settled.

Ditto on arranger.  I'm not using scratchpad much, but arranger is pretty slick.

I just this am tried chord track out on a simple guitar track.  Chord detection was flawless and I was slack-jawed as I changed chords in the CT and had the recorded part follow along.  I see myself using this for experimenting with progressions quite a bit.

With arranger providing visual for sections, CT is even handy just to show the chords when it's off with nothing following.

Overall, S4 loads faster and feels a bit snappier.  Plug scanning is super fast.

IMO, there isn't a huge rush unless you're interested in the new BIG features - there are a lot of little things too though.  Plus, if you look at V3 history, they make some pretty major updates in the point releases too.

Watch their forum for a while and see how folks are reacting to it.  Same way we did with Plat here. 

Editor updates are nice, pattern editor, Import Song Data ...

Here are some vids - https://www.presonus.com/videos/player

2018/05/25 14:45:03
Brando
Bob - thank you. That actually sounds awesome. Didn't realize you could use the chord track just for showing a chord progression, which in itself would be useful. As I mentioned above, I bought the upgrade to take advantage of the JRR sale price. Reluctant to install mostly because as I understand it, you lose access to S3 - so it's not like Cakewalk where you can simultaneously install two (or more) versions.... I really like working in S3 right now, but it might just be time to jump in and make it go..
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account