• SONAR
  • Getting Desperate!!! (p.3)
2018/10/23 03:49:25
michael diemer
If worse does come to worst, rest asured you can run windows 8.1 indefinitely, even after it is no longer supported. I plan to do that with windows 7. Just keep it offline most of the time, run a good AV, and be careful wheere you go. A dedicated computer for music is a good idea anyway. 

But I'm almost certain this will eventually be solved. In the meantime, you have your Windows 8 rig. Use that and rest your nerves awhile. You'll get there. I had a similar issue and eventually it got sorted out. and as someone stated earlier, I have no idea what solved it. The Bandlab folks appear to be good people who care about their product. Hang in there, John!
2018/10/23 09:31:33
Johnbee58
Thanks all.  I really wish that Micro$oft would leave their damned operating systems be.  I know we need more features for technology's sake but could they do it without making so much changes to how the basic program works?  When I got the Windows 10 PC back in January to replace my old (and faithful) Windows XP machine I spent most of the first week having to update.  At first it was nice and fast but slowed down with every upgrade.  Then, the Mail program really screwed me.  I entered about 30 names into the address book and after one of their many upgrades I lost access to them.  I had to install another email server to use an address book.  I don't mean to make this a PC OS thread, but I'm just venting how much I hate Windows 10.

JB
2018/10/23 12:18:13
dcumpian
John,

For a while there, I was using Comodo AV/Firewall and during that period I would get lots of corrupted downloads. Not sure what AV you are using, but if it is one that sniffs packets during downloads, it could be saving the file incorrectly. I seriously doubt that it is an OS issue. Make sure you know what AV/Firewall software is installed and running. Since it is a new machine there may be things installed you are not aware of.

Regards,
Dan
2018/10/23 13:08:27
SimpleManZ
HP Laptop and things to consider. Depending on your model, HP can install its own communicative applet within the OS or even the BIOS. Bandlab is meant to be a two-way "thingy". If so, might be conflicting with address ports.
But, this is just a hunch of mine.
Saying so, can you get to Cakewalk Command Center and try downloading Sonar Platinum.
2018/10/23 15:13:44
BadBill
I found that windows 10 was updating and not letting me download the app. After widows was updated the app finally downloaded. All is good for me. Good luck.
2018/10/23 16:14:21
pwalpwal
install fiddler and/or wireshark to see if it's breaking on the network communication
2018/10/23 16:24:52
stratman70
Well, in all honesty and I believe John knows this, it's not the app causing the issue. If it was the rest of us would not have it either. It's either PC or the internet service or both.

I do understand how frustrating it can be, Just look at all my recent posts about win 10............Now I have it under control. But it never stopped m,e from getting CWbyBL. Just all kinds of other stuff...
2018/10/23 17:13:45
Anderton
Any kind of internet activity tracking reflector could be causing the problem as well. That's what happened to me when it was impossible to install the XLN audio installer. 

I forget exactly what I did, but I went somewhere into Windows 10's internet pages and found something suspicious. When I removed it, I could download okay.
2018/10/23 17:31:53
pwalpwal
Anderton
Any kind of internet activity tracking reflector could be causing the problem as well.

how deep is the chrome usage? could be an add-in/extension there
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account