• SONAR
  • Getting Desperate!!! (p.4)
2018/10/23 17:47:48
stratman70
Good idea PWAL

I remember installing something I wanted and it installed a mcafee web advisor add on to Chrome. Screwed up downloads and web pages, even fractal audio website was flagged and unreachable for me. That was a bout a week ago. I went into chrome settings and removed it.
2018/10/23 20:19:09
Johnbee58
My AV/Security is Webroot, which I fully disable for this download. I'm not aware of anything else HP has put on it at the factory.  It hasn't flashed anything yet.  I did the all the Windows Updates last night.  No joy.  I know it's not the app.  It's either something on my PC or my internet connection, but that being said, I have successfully downloaded and installed several programs on the new PC including Arturia's DX7 V synth with no trouble at all.  And my internet connection (Comcast) has never stopped me from downloading everything I need to the Win 8 music PC.  I was wondering if I could just install my paid for version of Sonar X3 Studio.  I still have the install files.

John B
2018/10/23 20:28:08
michael diemer
Hmm, maybe you should try downloading with Firefox?
Also, I remember that I went into Internet Explorer and changed my internet security settings to a lighter level. That may have been what did it for me. Then again, it might have been something esle.
2018/10/23 21:29:49
joakes
You might want to try disabling UAC.. I have mine set one click below the W10 standard.

Make sures Bandlab is allowed both back and forth throgh your Firewall(s). If you use multiple Firewalls get rid of all but one. Make sures Bandlab is allowed through it.

Also when trying to install minimise everything to see if there are any hidden error messages/windows. If so what ?

Create a new user account - did that work ? Your old account may be corrupt.

Sorry if this is all repetition, i am late to the party.

Good hunting,
Jerry
2018/10/23 23:51:47
stratman70
John

HP puts all all kinds of bloatware on their PC's and laptops. A connection manager is one, for instance. Maybe google how to remove HP bloatware. I got a zillion hits just now when I did that.
2018/10/24 05:10:21
sock monkey
I will agree that the best thing you can do to any HP computer is a fresh install of a OS that was NOT supplied by HP. 
I got mine running smoothly only after I bought a new SSD. I then downloaded  W10 from MS web site and then using the Chat feature they used my W7 serial number to activate. This was over a year ago when it was still free. 

2018/10/24 09:24:48
Johnbee58
I don't know.  I appreciate your suggestions.  I really do.  But this seems like a ridiculous amount of unnessesary hassles and blood splitting JUST TO DL AND INSTALL A PROGRAM!!!

I'm not blaming Bandlab either. I know it's not their fault.  The loudest message I'm getting here is to avoid HP computers like the plague.

Thanks!
JB
2018/10/24 09:27:59
Johnbee58
Oh!  I did look in my Programs & Features in Control Panel and saw a program called Bytefence Anti Malware listed, but I can't find the program anywhere in the program list.  I'd like to try to disable it before I uninstall it.

JB
2018/10/24 12:48:29
dcumpian
Johnbee58
I don't know.  I appreciate your suggestions.  I really do.  But this seems like a ridiculous amount of unnessesary hassles and blood splitting JUST TO DL AND INSTALL A PROGRAM!!!

I'm not blaming Bandlab either. I know it's not their fault.  The loudest message I'm getting here is to avoid HP computers like the plague.

Thanks!
JB

I don't think anyone has said that. When you buy a laptop from any manufacturer, I would recommend gathering all of the drivers from the manufacturer support site, creating a Windows install disk (you may even be able to put everything on a thumb drive), then reformatting the thing to bare metal and installing only what you want. I've done it on every one I've ever bought and it has always been worth it.

Regards,
Dan

2018/10/24 13:40:10
Euthymia
Or you can download and run The Decrapifier, which is a program that will help you ferret out the crapware that OEM computer manufacturers load up their systems with, especially notebooks.

I am not making this up.

https://www.pcdecrapifier.com/
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account