• SONAR
  • Audio clips dissappearing immediately after recording stops?!
2018/10/25 19:20:42
csnack
So using CbB I'm having this problem lately where I'll initiate record by pressing "R" like I've done since forever, I'll see the clip being drawn as I'm recording, but when I hit space bar to stop recording the audio clip just vanishes. This has been happening when I first open the session for the day and hit record and the audio clip will vanish the first time, but the recording will usually "stick" thereafter. But I'm realizing that sometimes it also just happens randomly, and I'll be confused and think that I must have hit the space bar instead of "R" but then I remember seeing the waveform getting drawn and this only just occurred to me, so I'm not even certain how long this has been happening now. This has happened to others before, as I found on this thread below from 2013, but is anyone having this problem w/ CbB? I've tried everything those guys in that thread tried and currently I'm still increasing my record/playback i/o buffer @ 1024 currently, but that seems high and not sure if it's helping. My latency buffer is @ 64 and I need it there as I play amp sims, often two at a time for the dual amp thing. Cpu is i7 4770 3.5gz something or other, a few years old and windows 7. In that thread down there, they talk about checking/unchecking boxes seemingly unrelated to the probelm. Anyone know what needs to be adjusted here? Thanks

http://forum.cakewalk.com...aspx?m=2764221&p=1
2018/10/25 19:22:36
csnack
I should point out that when the audio clips vanish like that, there are no audio files in the folder or picture cache; it's just like I never hit record even though I saw the clip getting drawn.
2018/10/25 19:35:45
scook
One cause is attempting to record outside of an active punch recording region.
2018/10/25 19:59:53
timboalogo
I have that often on the first time I record. I just remind myself to play badly. Oh, my bad, I play poorly anyway.
2018/10/25 21:23:18
Jeffiphone
There was post on this a couple months ago. A few people had the same problem, including me. I don't recall if there was a solution, but do a search and check that thread anyway. I'd post a link, but I'm at work. 

~Jeff
2018/10/27 00:30:38
parboo12

scook
Once cause is attempting to record outside of an active region.

That's definitely not the case here.
2018/10/27 01:43:01
bitman
It means do it again. You're playing below a performance quality threshold setting in preferences.

No, really, it means your picture cache is corrupt. Delete everything in there.
2018/10/27 20:52:15
timboalogo
bitman
It means do it again. You're playing below a performance quality threshold setting in preferences.

That's what I was trying to say ...

2018/10/28 17:46:56
csnack
I keep a shortcut of the picture cache on my desktop and I delete its contents often..

But re the picture cache, I was always under the impression that the *quantity* of files in the picture cashe is what caused problems and not necessarily any one specific file, but now I'm wondering... is it the case that, say maybe there's only 10 files in the cache and not like, you know, a thousand... could just one of those 10 files maybe be corrupt and causing a problem in a session? Because I always thought the problems arose when the cache folder got too big..

But in any case the picture cache does not *appear* to be the problem (I'll keep closer eye on it though I delete its contents like every other day).. unless my picture cache is somehow getting corrupt, like, every session and it's some lone file in there causing problems.
2018/10/28 17:55:15
csnack
bitman

Where are you seeing this performance quality threshold setting in preferences? I'm looking at my daw now and can't find it for my life. Thing is I strictly remember now using that feature in X1 and when I had it set to "Michael Angelo Batio" none of my recordings "stuck."
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account