• SONAR
  • Audio clips dissappearing immediately after recording stops?! (p.2)
2018/10/28 18:50:30
paulo
Can't help with an answer but it's definitely a thing. Happened to me on many occasions with yesterday being the latest. This is using platinum by the way (last version) but it happened now and then for a good while before that.
2018/10/28 21:11:07
msmcleod
Came across this old thread: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Solved-Recorded-clips-randomly-disappear-when-recording-stops-m2764221.aspx

It suggests deselecting "Allow Arm Changes During Playback/Record" under preferences.

Looks like having this option checked creates other issues... the same "fix" is suggested for the thread next to this one!

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Delay-starting-when-pressing-play-SOLVED-or-at-least-a-workaround-m3790592.aspx

2018/10/29 19:55:30
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Hmm this is weird. If the file disappears after recording it can typically mean that an error happened when trying to process the recorded audio file after recording stopped. If this is reproducible please look in the project audio folder and see if you can locate the newly recorded wave file there. I assume that you have enough disk space and its not a disk write error?
2018/10/30 00:46:27
csnack
Hundreds of gigs free on drive so definitely not a write error. I had an audio clip vanish yesterday too and I immediately went and looked in the history and there was no undue and nothing in the audio folder, like it never happened. And recently I was recording two tracks simultaneously and one vanished and one remained.

For a while the clips were vanishing *every single time* the very first time I'd record, but then the recordings would stick thereafter. But now, after doing various stuff like unchecking that "allow arm during record" box and increasing i/o buffer currently @ 1024, the clips don't vanish the first time usually anymore at the moment anyway and now it's a more random but frequent thing.
I've been doing exactly what a guy in another thread who was having this problem was doing. He said he was using BIAS FX/AMP and saving instances of it as track templates and he was able to recreate this problem by not saving BIAS FX in the template; when BIAS FX was not saved as part of the track template, but added after the fact, his recordings stuck, but when BIAS was saved as part of the template they vanished - and this was all when recording onto the very track that was initiated from the template. For me these clips are vanishing randomly now, but not usually at the beginning anymore like they were doing, so it's hard to test if BIAS is the culprit in my case.

Next time this happens 😭 I will check the audio folder and history and cache again, but really this is pretty awful.
2018/10/30 01:46:21
Kev999
Could it be a driver issue? Anyway it wouldn't hurt to update the audio drivers.
2018/10/30 15:43:39
csnack
Well I have the latest rme drivers (still rocking the old 9632 for the moment) and where the clips where vanishing every time when trying to record the time, now that I've been messing w/ the i/o buffer it's no longer happening the first time, but just randomly now - so that seems to suggest that the i/o buffer has a hand in this somehow but idk. I'll run latencymon and see what that says. Currently my i/o buffer is @ 2048 for recoding and playback... should record/playback buffers be the same setting like that?
2018/10/30 21:39:54
smoddelm
Long shot, but are you running as administrator?  If not, is it possible that somehow the security permissions got messed up for the Audio Folder?  I assume what you see while recording would be in the Temp folder, maybe it cannot be written to Audio Folder due to messed up permissions?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account