• SONAR
  • Why Did Bandlab Remove Synth Automation Lanes?
2018/10/31 20:13:44
AdamGrossmanLG
 I can't control synth parameters anymore?  without this, I have to leave. 

2018/10/31 23:40:24
Keni
Maybe from the audio track?
2018/11/01 01:27:32
Keni
I just looked at my setup...

I did some midi automation recently and didn't remember it being a problem...

If i start a new project and add a synth, i see i have the display available/assignable controls checked as well as ask everytime.

Insering rwpture and minimoog v (old arturia) then checking the automation lane dropdown and both of the synths are available...
2018/11/01 01:39:21
Kev999
Keni
...I did some midi automation recently and didn't remember it being a problem...
If i start a new project and add a synth, i see i have the display available/assignable controls checked as well as ask everytime....

Me too, usually. That's the way it normally works. However, you can set a different track for a given synth's automation if you wish. And sometimes you find that, inexplicably, the the wrong track has been set for a synth's automation. But you can easily correct this in the Synth Rack.
2018/11/01 02:52:51
Keni
Kev999
Keni
...I did some midi automation recently and didn't remember it being a problem...
If i start a new project and add a synth, i see i have the display available/assignable controls checked as well as ask everytime....

Me too, usually. That's the way it normally works. However, you can set a different track for a given synth's automation if you wish. And sometimes you find that, inexplicably, the the wrong track has been set for a synth's automation. But you can easily correct this in the Synth Rack.

I haven't run across that...
2018/11/01 03:41:17
Kev999
Potentially you could put all your synth's automation together on one track. This may make it more convenient to deal with or on the other hand it may be more confusing. Maybe I will try it sometime.
2018/11/01 03:54:32
Keni
Yes... i see on an orphan midi teack options to add cc's and if they are midi-channel discrete they could route to many places...

Not for me...

I like my controls discrete to the midi track containing all data for one synth. A sngke controller track for all would be daunting for me.

I'm wondering why the OP isn't having this stay functional. Even with the appropriate checkmarked options to do so...?
2018/11/01 04:36:12
Kev999
Keni
...I'm wondering why the OP isn't having this stay functional. Even with the appropriate checkmarked options to do so...?

I don't know, but the same thing happened to me too a couple of years ago with Sonar X3.
2018/11/01 15:12:33
Skyline_UK
I've checked out the link above
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Synth-Automation-Parameter-Options-Aren39t-Listed-m3574432.aspx
but can't get SampleTank VST3 to play ball. How do I open access to automation in SampleTank?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account