• Songs
  • Hungry Like The Wolf by Fizzy Pickle (p.5)
2015/11/29 19:18:13
daryl1968
dcumpian
In a million years, I would have never come up with a version of this song like this... You guys killed it and made it uniquely fizzy.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks Dan. It did get a bit pickled :)
2015/11/30 11:31:19
daryl1968
String Jammer
Wow! Who'd-a-thunkit? love this version. thought my speakers were blowing up on the chorus but soon realized it was just the drums. 

Is there another fiddler in the house? :)

Glad you like it - thanks

Bapu has an impressive bottom and likes a good fiddle while I site in the corner playing with my organ.
There you go, I used up all of my double entendres for the day :)
2015/11/30 11:36:53
BobF
Great arrangement, performance and production 
2015/11/30 20:01:49
Leizer
String Jammer

Is there another fiddler in the house? :)

You bet! Could it be you that posted really speedy bluegrass tunes 2-3 years ago?
2015/12/01 14:11:16
daryl1968
Bob Oister
Hey, Daryl and Company,

Fantastic work on this very cool, stylized classic cover!

Great performances by everyone involved, super vocals and harmonies, as always, and a nice, punchy modern mix.

The violin solo was a nice surprise and absolutely stellar!

Dynamite job, and an excellent addition to the Fizzy Pickle treasure chest!

Best Wishes,
Bob

Thanks a ton Bob. We really appreciate it.
I love that violin solo too - brilliant.
2015/12/02 14:34:04
daryl1968
Guitarhacker
Nice version.  I like it.  That howl at the beginning freaked my German Shepard out.  She was under the desk here and when she heard that she backed out with ears tucked and looked at me as if I had done that on purpose.

Yeah I like it better than the original. 

Hi Herb. Lol - that's hilarious. Glad you enjoyed it.
2015/12/02 21:25:36
daryl1968
TheMaartian
Guitarhacker
Nice version.  I like it.  That howl at the beginning freaked my German Shepard out.  She was under the desk here and when she heard that she backed out with ears tucked and looked at me as if I had done that on purpose.

Yeah I like it better than the original. 

Both of my dogs bolted, as well. I have a bed and a crate set up next to my desk in the studio. Sparky in the crate, Ollie in the bed. They almost knocked my P6 off its stand when I fired HLTW up. 

And I'm a BIG Arizona Coyotes fan! They do the same thing at the start of each game when Fox Sports broadcasts the howl. I NEVER tell them it's coming. Bwa ha ha.

Brilliant :)
2015/12/03 23:20:15
daryl1968
Mannynyagain
When I saw the name of the song I thought "what a strange choice". What a nice surprise! It's a very quirky little version - I think it improves upon the original  - partly because it has a playful quality to it but mostly because it's so well done. This version would work really well in a movie - it's offbeat and a bit wacky - Run Lola Run  could have used this and it would have been perfect. It has been so long since I heard the DD version - is that horror movie bass line in that as well?

Vocal is terrific, the playing and recording are just great. And now I can say "yeah, I like that song".

wow - thanks so much - we really appreciate all of your kind words.
2015/12/03 23:21:26
daryl1968
Mooch4056
bapu
daryl1968
bapu

Is that up to code?

For Whitesnake, yes.

This was so inspiration it made me want to start a an 80's band and call it Risky Business!

This is cool kind of jazz version  

My wedding was an 80's themed wedding - and for dinner music we had this CD playing of all 80's hits done in a Jazz style - (Just ask Bapu) They were all done in a very similar to this...

Thanks Mooch - I bet the wedding was fun.
2015/12/03 23:22:18
daryl1968
jamesg1213
dcumpian
In a million years, I would have never come up with a version of this song like this... You guys killed it and made it uniquely fizzy.

Regards,
Dan

+1, very creative version, love that classic 'menace' bass run at 1:25 . Great stuff folks.

Cheers James - glad you enjoyed it mate
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account