• Songs
  • Hungry Like The Wolf by Fizzy Pickle (p.6)
2015/12/03 23:23:17
daryl1968
TheMaartian
This is just too cool not to post. While watching Ottawa Senators v Dallas Stars, at 13 minutes left in the first period, guess what song was playing during the time out? Yup. Hungry Like The Wolf! And I was singing that darn song in the car on the way back from the pub. Almost soiled my shorts!

very cool - it's fate mate - meant to be and I'm glad you didn't actually have an accident
2015/12/03 23:26:20
daryl1968
emeraldsoul
Much improved over the original. More woodblock! More woodblock! I want my Fizzy Pickle t-shirt even more now.

you guys show no respect for the original, for which I respect you.

Mix-wise, I'd vote for the bass tamed down just a hair.

cheers,
-Tom

thanks Tom - I'm working on Bapu to get the shirts made.
I'm glad you liked the woodblock as we went to great lengths to get that sound. We also found that it sounded betterer when struck on the 2 and then the 4 of each bar. 
2015/12/03 23:27:24
daryl1968
Mesh
Finally, I got to listen to this........Wow!! Love this version (and the 'retro' sounds on your other songs as well). I'm a big fan of the bazzist in Duran Duran and now a bigger fan Fizzy Pickle's bazzist.   

You guys ALL did a great job and just keep churning them out.......well done boys and girls!!!! Really nice arrangements/musical instrument selections Daryl!! 

cheers mateypants - I am trying to find a tune that you can guest on if you'd be interested Mesh?
2015/12/03 23:28:23
daryl1968
Ozz
I really like this version.....the feel, the playing, the vocals, the different take on the original......very  nice!

Thanks so much Ozz - we enjoyed making it
2015/12/03 23:28:54
daryl1968
BobF
Great arrangement, performance and production 

Thanks Bob - very nice of you to say
2015/12/04 09:10:23
Mesh
daryl1968
Mesh
Finally, I got to listen to this........Wow!! Love this version (and the 'retro' sounds on your other songs as well). I'm a big fan of the bazzist in Duran Duran and now a bigger fan Fizzy Pickle's bazzist.   

You guys ALL did a great job and just keep churning them out.......well done boys and girls!!!! Really nice arrangements/musical instrument selections Daryl!! 

cheers mateypants - I am trying to find a tune that you can guest on if you'd be interested Mesh?

I'm definitely interested mate!!! After my exam on Dec. 12.....(I really enjoyed working with ewe two prime-mates).   
2015/12/04 09:11:47
bapu
Daryk is a primeape.
2015/12/04 17:28:53
Beagle
ok.  where's Wanda?  what did ewe do with her???

Liz's vox are excellent as usual.  bass is poppin' (probably like the bass playa...poppin his pants, that is!)

this is a "peppier" version than DD's even tho I think the tempo may be a tad slower than the original

love the fiddle playin

2015/12/04 19:31:39
daryl1968
Beagle
ok.  where's Wanda?  what did ewe do with her???

Constance was on this one.
It got really awkward - we couldn't keep her awake
2015/12/10 14:44:42
stevec
Uh...     loved it.

That is all.

PS... yeah, the violin is a nice touch!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account