2016/11/01 19:03:34
Afrodrum
I see no reason why I cannot set nudge "1" or "2" or "3" to any number of measures all notes I want. Currently it is just ONE measure or ONE note, while time units are bot limited.

Make nudge more versatile !
2016/11/01 19:34:15
ricoskyl
Maybe you're overlooking that Preferences allow you to set nudge in units as small as ticks and samples, or using time units.  I just set nudge 2 to 121 seconds and nudge 3 in ticks to 9600 which is 10 quarter notes.

If you haven't visited this part of the application, go to Edit > Preferences > (make sure 'advanced' is checked at the bottom of the dialog) then select Nudge under Customization.  Does that help?

Edit: I forgot to mention that some of the numbers will only increment/decrement using +/- controls.  That's pretty dumb, but it is what it is.
2016/11/01 21:17:29
Afrodrum
ricoskyl
Maybe you're overlooking that Preferences allow you to set nudge in units as small as ticks and samples, or using time units.  I just set nudge 2 to 121 seconds and nudge 3 in ticks to 9600 which is 10 quarter notes.

If you haven't visited this part of the application, go to Edit > Preferences > (make sure 'advanced' is checked at the bottom of the dialog) then select Nudge under Customization.  Does that help?

Edit: I forgot to mention that some of the numbers will only increment/decrement using +/- controls.  That's pretty dumb, but it is what it is.

Seconds and samples are fine but try to set up Nudge to 4 or 8 measures (or more).
2016/11/01 21:35:45
gbowling
Afrodrum

Seconds and samples are fine but try to set up Nudge to 4 or 8 measures (or more).

Why? That's what cut n paste or click and drag is for.. Nudge means, well nudge, not move to the next county.

gabo
2016/11/01 22:43:39
ricoskyl
Yeah, I was going to say moving 4 to 8 measures is more like a drop kick than a nudge.  If you really want to nudge a clip 4 measures set your preferences for 15360 ticks in 4/4 time.

As Gabo suggested, the nudge function is meant for little moves you might do frequently.  I might set 1/4 note, and I could see myself clicking three times, but it's more likely I would drag and drop to a snap point. In truth, I've never set my nudge that high.
2016/11/02 07:55:19
KPerry
Or hit nudge one measure 4 times (which is what I do).
2016/11/02 14:38:47
Afrodrum
KPerry
Or hit nudge one measure 4 times (which is what I do).

An overkill solution when you need to nudge 32 measures

ricoskyl
Yeah, I was going to say moving 4 to 8 measures is more like a drop kick than a nudge.  If you really want to nudge a clip 4 measures set your preferences for 15360 ticks in 4/4 time.

As Gabo suggested, the nudge function is meant for little moves you might do frequently.  I might set 1/4 note, and I could see myself clicking three times, but it's more likely I would drag and drop to a snap point. In truth, I've never set my nudge that high.

Well, nudge means MOVE and it should be equally easy to move a clip by a hair or to the next chorus. Cutting and pasting is a PAIN (!), I always prefer to select clip and nudge. Very useful when boundaries of a clip are not on a grid line.

And you have lead me to a perfect solution. Indeed ticks are the answer. The number you gave did not work with my setup perhaps because my clock is set to 48 unlike yours, but I found the right number.

So to set the nudge to:
4 measures in 4/4 time - 768 ticks, 8 measures  - 1536 ticks and so on.
4 measures in 6/8 time - 576 ticks, 8 measures  - 1152 ticks, etc

Thanks for the great hint.
2016/11/02 15:40:09
Afrodrum
And this is just a workaround. There is no reason why we can set nudge say to 500 seconds but not to 24 measures.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account