• Hardware
  • What Audio Interfaces are everyone using with Cakewalk and Sonar and are you satisfied? (p.3)
2018/09/19 07:27:44
Kev999
Leadfoot
Audient iD22. Love the clarity of the sound, compared to my old Delta 1010. The preamps are pristine. Ultra clean when you want them to be, or nice and gritty when you push them. And the DI gives my bass an awesome punch. And it also doubles as great monitor controller. I can't tell you how happy I've been with it.

I agree. The iD22 is a great piece of hardware. I've been using one for the past 2 years and happy with it and not considering changing any time soon. Recently I've started making use of the optical inputs & outputs after adding an Audient ASP800 and an Aphex 141B.
2018/09/19 07:43:10
Muziekschuur at home
I have several interfaces including a usb Roland 2 ch. It's a windows profile on a laptop that disables the usb when the battery is low I guess. A better battery. Full on power. That should help you. Your interface with automatic gain seems a great feature and an amazing box.

If you want a driver on an USB stick. That can be done. You can email Roland how to go about. They can send you the driver I'm sure. 
2018/09/19 08:30:28
kday
mettelus
Windows has never been elegant about coming out of sleep or hibernation. I suspect that you also have USB ports enabled to go idle. Disable sleep/hibernation and the power management on the USB ports and your interface will probably function fine. Drivers do not unload, but the USB port will go offline unless that functionality is disabled.

How do I disable USB ports, is that the same thing as disabling the hibernation or sleep mode?
2018/09/19 13:45:23
Leadfoot
kday
mettelus
Windows has never been elegant about coming out of sleep or hibernation. I suspect that you also have USB ports enabled to go idle. Disable sleep/hibernation and the power management on the USB ports and your interface will probably function fine. Drivers do not unload, but the USB port will go offline unless that functionality is disabled.

How do I disable USB ports, is that the same thing as disabling the hibernation or sleep mode?

Go into device manager, find USB root hubs, right click and select properties. Then click on power management, then deselect the box that says "put this device to sleep to save power" or something along those lines.
2018/09/19 14:33:13
AT
I use the TAscam uh 7000. Excellent pre and conversion. An upgrade would be lynx. The audient would be a sonic equivalent with better drivers and more in outs..
2018/09/19 18:29:33
tlw
RME UFX plus RME Octamic II. Solid and reliable with low latency in Windows and MacOS.
2018/09/19 21:04:00
msmcleod
Focusrite 18i20, 6i6, & 2i2 - all 1st gen on 3 separate machines. 

All running at "1ms" latency, and rock solid.
2018/09/21 07:44:17
Euthymia
I have a pair of PreSonus Firepods, firmware flashed to FP-10. I started off with a PreSonus Firebox, which I still use on my other systems for mobile projects, then picked up this pair.

If I daisy chain them, I can have 16 mic/line inputs going at one time.

Old, I guess, but they work great. Supposedly the drivers are good to go in W10 if you install them in compatibility mode.

As long as my computer has a PCI slot for the Firewire card, I see no reason to use anything else.
2018/09/21 13:37:06
Jim Roseberry
Being connected to the Internet in-and-of-itself isn't a problem or something to worry about.
My main DAW is connected 24/7 (no A/V software, never infected)
Biggest risk is sending/receiving Email.
Another risk factor is surfing "unsavory" websites.
If you just go to audio specific websites for updates/authorization... and audio specific forums like this, you're not going to get infected.

Having an up-to-date backup image file (of the boot HD) is protection against many things (including malware).

If you have a lot of audio software/plugins installed:
With the amount of updates/authorizations/etc, you're almost forced to at least have temporary connectivity.
Some applications (like ProTools 2018 subscription) require Internet connection.
2018/09/24 22:04:50
gargonknight
using behringer umc404hd no problems
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account