• Hardware
  • What Audio Interfaces are everyone using with Cakewalk and Sonar and are you satisfied? (p.4)
2018/09/26 01:47:15
johnny walker

I am using a DOU CAPTURE EX audio card, sometimes I get an error message type: "Could not create an audio file for recording" How do I solve this problem?
2018/09/26 02:25:05
scook
Could be your virus program or a piece of antimalware called ByteFence. Try the excluding the DAW from your virus scanner and if ByteFence is installed, remove it.
2018/09/26 14:39:49
kday
Thanks for the help to everyone. I really appreciate it.

Is anybody here using a Firewire connection with windows as their primary connection for Cakewalk?

Thanks
2018/09/27 15:52:46
mettelus
kday
mettelus
Windows has never been elegant about coming out of sleep or hibernation. I suspect that you also have USB ports enabled to go idle. Disable sleep/hibernation and the power management on the USB ports and your interface will probably function fine. Drivers do not unload, but the USB port will go offline unless that functionality is disabled.

How do I disable USB ports, is that the same thing as disabling the hibernation or sleep mode?

Sorry for the late reply, but Leadfoot got the gist. In Win10, if you type "Power" into the search box, select "Choose a Power Plan" from that list, then "Change Plan Settings" for the selected plan. Next screen select "Change Advanced Power Settings" and in that pop-up, expand "USB" all the way and DISABLE the "USB Selective Suspend Setting"

While in there, I would also disable sleep/hibernate (just above it), and do a quick check of that list for anything related. (E.g., hard disks never shut down plugged in, "Minimum Processor State" 100% when plugged in, etc.)  Even if on a laptop, ALWAYS run in DAW-mode plugged in, and do not let anything sleep/hibernate/power down/throttle.

As a side note, if this is your root issue, you could check before doing the above by disconnecting/reconnecting your interface after a sleep cycle. This will force Windows to reconnect that USB port (an the AI should come back online).
2018/10/06 12:51:09
GaryMedia
kday
Is anybody here using a Firewire connection with windows as their primary connection for Cakewalk?

I have a Win10 machine that has an Echo AudioFire Pre8. It's a firewire interface that is stable and fine in Win10/CbB.  Although it's not my primary machine, I can assert that its firewire stability is up to standard. 

2018/10/06 15:00:20
smallstonefan
UAD Apollo 8 and UAD Apollo 16 Silver interfaces via Thunderbolt. Everything is running stable and I'm happy.
2018/10/06 17:03:39
fwrend
Very happy with my MOTU 8M. Only one issue with a driver update that was quickly remedied.
2018/10/12 13:16:55
Wayfarer
stickman393
ECHO Layla 3G PCI > PCIe adapter, Windows 10 1803, rock solid. Low latency. 

Probably doesn't help you :-)

LOL!! I'm still using an old Echo MIA MIDI sound card. Works perfect. Sounds great. I never saw any reason to change. Latency? What's that? 
2018/10/12 14:37:27
Jim Roseberry
The last several years I've used:
  • RME Fireface UFX (via USB)
  • UA Apollo-8 and Satellite expander (via Thunderbolt-3)
  • Presonus Quantum (via Thunderbolt-3)
All have been rock-solid.
Moved to the Quantum because the super low round-trip latency.
At 96k (using a 32-sample ASIO buffer size), total round-trip latency is 1ms.
You can do things like run Helix Native (96k) at 1ms total round-trip latency.
That's as good as (or better than) the best hardware guitar processors.
2018/10/14 14:48:36
henkejs
I'm using a Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen on a Windows 10 machine. Haven't had a bit of trouble since installing it over two years ago.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account