• Software
  • Band in a Box 2019 out now (p.5)
2018/12/04 22:56:45
TheMaartian
The 64-bit standalone BiaB app is still unusable for me after the 603 update.

The 64-bit VST works great! Well, almost.

Anyone figured out how to keep the browser window from disappearing after clicking outside of the browser window and giving another window the focus? I forget if that happened when I clicked in the open BiaB VST window, but it for sure happens if I click anywhere outside of the browser window.

I have to click in the black 'Select' block twice. Once, apparently, to close the open but invisible browser. Then a second time to bring the browser back up.

Time to get active on the BiaB forum.
2018/12/05 03:51:42
Thedoccal
I just got the Pro version to try it out.
I want to see if I can navigate and understand it before going for bigger versions.
If I like it I will just get the huge USB 3.0 Hard Drive and call it a day.

I had no idea they had already released a Windows version, but I guess this is the first release of a 64 bit.

I have always wanted to try this.  I am thrilled.
2018/12/05 08:47:31
mettelus
That is a wise choice. I went to 2019 Pro, and am finding issues with the VST Plugin in Studio One 4 that is generating crash dumps for the BIAB VST when recycling/regenerating tracks. 64-bit and this plugin are still in their infancy, so I will most likely be sticking with Pro till next year at a minimum. I have had Pro for a year and a half but just starting to play with it in earnest due to this plugin.
2018/12/05 19:29:12
gmon72
604 out

Summary of changes for Build 604 (Dec 4 2018):
--------------------------

Fixed: Audio > Plugins menu items were not working. The plugin would run, but the effect was not applied to the audio track.
Fixed: Audio > Plugins menu items were not preserving meta data in user's audio track (.wav file).
Fixed: Launching the manual would open an older manual if it was present in the bb\Documentation folder.
Fixed: Pressing space bar in the notation window should not start playback if entering lyrics or section text.
Fixed: Choosing a Hi-Q patch did not load the Sforzando plugin (64 bit version only).
Fixed: The Lyric Document Window was not loading song text properly.
Fixed: Direct drag and drop to another application was not working.
Fixed: "Normalize Mix" had no effect when rendering (64 bit version only).
Fixed: Online RT and RD auditioning was not working.
Updated: Content updates: RealStyles updates, new Styles/Demos, Shots/Holds additions, misc. RT fixes.
Updated: Documentation.
2018/12/05 22:39:28
BobF
Andrew moves pretty quick.  IMO it's better to be in early in order to have some say about things.  YMMV

2018/12/07 02:27:33
Thedoccal
I struggled with BIAB yesterday and concluded that I had possibly made a mistake and threw money out the window.
Then I gave it another try today and broke through.
Indeed I am thrilled.  I want it all now.

But there must be some mistake, and perhaps one of you more experienced BIABers can double check this...

If you have 2018/2019, you can upgrade from the Pro Pack to the Ultra Pack...for $149.
Well, I have 2019...which I got during this sale period, two days ago.
If I had simply gotten the Ultra Pack two days ago, it would
have cost me $469.  First time purchase.

The Pro cost $129.  First time purchase.
So by doing this twice, First time ($129 - Pro) purchase
then immediate upgrade ($149 - Ultra)
The Ultra Pak only costs $278
That's $200 less.

I mus not be understanding their upgrade system correctly.  Anyone?
2018/12/07 09:03:48
ZincTrumpet
Thedoccal, I just checked my account and I did something like this upgrading from Pro to Everything within a week of buying Pro in December 2014. Can't remember what I paid but I remember thinking I'd be mad not to!

Always worth checking with PG if you have any doubts about eligibility. They are quick to respond.

Also I see you mention the hard drive option in your previous post which might be worth considering rather than a 120Gb download. It's not just the download time but all of the unzipping and installing which takes a long time as the RealTracks and Realdrums files are segmented into a number of 1 to 2Gb self extracting .exe files and each one has to be run to install everything (there are 68 RT files alone in my BIAB2015 download folder not to mention the RealDrum and Shots/Holds, program files etc!).  
2018/12/07 11:38:12
msmcleod
I'm totally confused with regard to the upgrade process here.

I've got the 2018 MegaPak, so I presumed I would just upgrade to the 2019 MegaPak.

But from the comments in this thread, it would imply all I need to do is upgrade the program as I've basically already paid for the MegaPak styles?

But if I wanted to go for the Ultra Pack, is that an "Upgrade from 2018/2019" at $149, or is it a "Upgrade from 2017/Crossgrade" at $169?

2018/12/07 12:43:00
Skyline_UK
ZincTrumpet
... Also I see you mention the hard drive option in your previous post which might be worth considering rather than a 120Gb download. It's not just the download time but all of the unzipping and installing which takes a long time as the RealTracks and Realdrums files are segmented into a number of 1 to 2Gb self extracting .exe files and each one has to be run to install everything (there are 68 RT files alone in my BIAB2015 download folder not to mention the RealDrum and Shots/Holds, program files etc!).  

I'm in the UK and I did that for a couple of years and got slammed for import duties, VAT and handling charge, over £20!  Why did I do it twice?  Because I bloody forgot I'd got hit a year earlier!  When we're free from the maw of the wretched EU we will no doubt have a free trade agreement with Canada so ordering the hard drive option will be fine!
2018/12/07 12:47:26
pwalpwal
Skyline_UKWhen we're free from the maw of the wretched EU we will no doubt have a free trade agreement with Canada so ordering the hard drive option will be fine!

hah lol when, after 20 or 30 years of renegotiating trade deals?? do some research, you've never been better off lol
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account