• Software
  • Band in a Box 2019 out now (p.6)
2018/12/07 14:31:51
msmcleod
pwalpwal
Skyline_UKWhen we're free from the maw of the wretched EU we will no doubt have a free trade agreement with Canada so ordering the hard drive option will be fine!

hah lol when, after 20 or 30 years of renegotiating trade deals?? do some research, you've never been better off lol

indeed... and remember Canada now has a free trade deal with the EU (ten years in the making) signed earlier this year. We won't have this after March 29th - it'll be closer to the crazy import charges we get when buying from the US.

Anyhow, have you compared the prices you paid to getting it from an official UK distributor? 
2018/12/07 15:08:34
Thedoccal
OK so we have confirmation from the Zincmeister that the quirky 2-part upgrade path is not some fluke borne from the maw of the the dastardly VAT vst EU plugin.  Nice work gentlemen.
2018/12/07 15:08:39
Thedoccal
duplicate
2018/12/07 16:47:27
ZincTrumpet
Thedoccal
...the Zincmeister ...

Hey, I kinda like that 

By the way, I had a web chat with Deryk at PG and he confirmed that you can indeed do the above 2 part upgrade.
2018/12/07 18:29:24
bjornpdx
I have BIAB 2017 and I was wondering if the 2019 version would detect my old version on install or would I have to find my old serial number. PG support tells me they trust their customers and the software doesn't check on eligibility. At least that's the way I took it. I ordered the 2019 version (at the legitimate price) and when it arrives I'll uninstall the 2017. If the new version installs without asking for eligibility for the update, well okay then.
2018/12/07 23:35:36
TheMaartian
bjornpdx
I have BIAB 2017 and I was wondering if the 2019 version would detect my old version on install or would I have to find my old serial number. PG support tells me they trust their customers and the software doesn't check on eligibility. At least that's the way I took it. I ordered the 2019 version (at the legitimate price) and when it arrives I'll uninstall the 2017. If the new version installs without asking for eligibility for the update, well okay then.

That's what's gonna happen. Install and use. No queries. Just trust.

The version I upgraded (2014; purchased on BF 2013)) is too old to enter the serial number into my account, so I was worried. Opened the online chat and was told that no serials are asked for anywhere when upgrading. How's that for trust?!?!

I'll wait for next year to upgrade my Mega version to Ultra. I've given myself enough xmas presents already!  Actually, I 'tried' to be done, but then AAS released String Studio VS-3. Holy crapola, what a nice upgrade from VS-2! Money gone.
2018/12/08 15:12:34
Grem
BiaB 2017 has a nice D/L manager. It will d/l all the files you have, (somehow it knew what I was "eligible" for).

After fighting with trying to see what I had installed, somehow everything wasn't showing up. Even though I had all the d/l files already they wouldn't install the ones that I was missing. Corrupted files I am guessing. 

So I bit the bullet and had the D/L manager down load everything and install it. Worked like a charm, but it took forever. I started one night and it didn't finish until the day after next. IOW well over 36hrs.
2018/12/08 16:16:49
Skyline_UK
msmcleod
...Anyhow, have you compared the prices you paid to getting it from an official UK distributor? 

The UK dealer, Et Cetera, doesn't sell the upgrade unfortunately, just full 'first buy' packages.

2018/12/08 16:26:16
msmcleod
Skyline_UK
msmcleod
...Anyhow, have you compared the prices you paid to getting it from an official UK distributor? 

The UK dealer, Et Cetera, doesn't sell the upgrade unfortunately, just full 'first buy' packages.

It's on it's own cryptic menu "BIAB U/G"...

http://www.etcetera.co.uk/cgi/show_bycategory.pl?manu=PG+Music&class=1

2018/12/08 20:04:20
Billy Buck
If anybody is having an issue hearing audio from the BIAB VSTi plugin in your DAW apps (like I initially did) check out this post with the not so obvious answer. Now the BIAB plugin is working as advertised just like in the demo video.

https://www.pgmusic.com/f...mber=507674#Post507674
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account