• Software
  • (Solved)Where Can I get some Decent Free Sax? (p.3)
2018/12/16 08:39:32
Soundwise
2018/12/16 18:59:37
michael diemer
Thank you Soundwise, will do. 
2018/12/17 04:46:35
michael diemer
No, that didn't help. I tried contacting DSK, but my request got bogged down in one of those Captcha traps. Honestly, they should call it Gotcha. One time, and I'm done with that BS. Oh well. 
2018/12/17 05:37:31
rcklln
Download the 64 bit zip file, copy the DSK Saxophones.instruments folder and the DSK Saxophones.dll file to the root of a VST scan path, open DAW, scan, and should be good to go.
2018/12/17 07:24:10
Pragi
LAGinz25
Pragi
Another possibility is if you own Sample Tank. The Brass Section is not the best, but OK .

Actually sax considered a woodwind. Not trying to be snarky—just suffering from the lingering affects of my sax teacher beating that into my head.😂

Ooooccchhhh 
2018/12/17 17:57:34
michael diemer
Pragi
LAGinz25
Pragi
Another possibility is if you own Sample Tank. The Brass Section is not the best, but OK .

Actually sax considered a woodwind. Not trying to be snarky—just suffering from the lingering affects of my sax teacher beating that into my head.😂

Ooooccchhhh 

Was that a soprano sax I saw being used as the murder weapon last night on our Sunday Columbo marathon?
2018/12/17 18:00:15
michael diemer
rcklln
Download the 64 bit zip file, copy the DSK Saxophones.instruments folder and the DSK Saxophones.dll file to the root of a VST scan path, open DAW, scan, and should be good to go.

I think I've tried that, but I'll try moving them to different folders. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.
2018/12/17 20:30:55
michael diemer
Success! I finally got DSK saxes working. I re-downloaded and extracted them to a new folder I created, then copied to the VST folder as suggested. I must have gotten confused before and moved the unextracted folders directly from my downloads folder. Anyway, they sound pretty good! If the freebie is this good, the premium instruments must be really nice. These are definitely decent, free saxes. Thanks for all the help!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account