• SONAR
  • Melodyne 4 .......why did I do it? [SOLVED] (p.3)
2019/01/01 14:58:44
sven450
same thing here, but my machine also locks up!  Extra fun.  I get the straight line, and can change to the correct algorithm, but I get a drop out, then no response at all.  Have to kill manually.  I may export the track I need melodyned and open it in Studio One.  PITA!
2019/01/01 20:17:46
paulo
sven450
same thing here, but my machine also locks up!  Extra fun.  I get the straight line, and can change to the correct algorithm, but I get a drop out, then no response at all.  Have to kill manually.  I may export the track I need melodyned and open it in Studio One.  PITA!

Is this the 4.2 update or the older version? The pre 4.2 version they sent me has at least got it drawing properly and it seems a little snappier too .
2019/01/01 23:47:07
lingyai
I had Melodyne Editor 2, used it a lot within Sonar Platinum for audio-to-midi conversion, both with monophonic and sometimes with polyphonic audio. With the former I'd just drag the audio file to an empty midi track and Melodyne did the conversion behind the secenes, via the magic of ARA, leaving me with a reasonably good (depending on the source material) midi track.

Because this method uses the monophonic algo by default (with no way to change this default to my knoweldge), the only way to export polyphonic audio as midi was to apply Melodyne as a region effect to the audio clip, and, from within the Melodyne GUI, choose the Export as Midi (or maybe it's Save as Midi) command. Worked well enough, given the inherent challenges of poly conversion.

However ... I upgraded to Melodyne Studio 4, and while it still handles monophonic conversion fine within SPLAT, now, the tempo of midi files converted from polyphonic audio, using the method decribed, is way, way off, like half the speed it should be.  Total fail, unusable.

When I try from within Melodyne Studio 4 standalone, I get the same error.  (I'm still on version 4.1.1, as I've read that some folks who updated past that where having problems, and I'm afraid I don't trust Celemony's technical competence these days like I used to. I've used Melodyne since I bought the first version in 2002).  

Anyone able to get this to work? 

This is a serious problem for me. I used Melodyne a lot for poly conversion and now, having paid to upgrade, no longer can. 

Gosh I hate that they won't let you roll back. Bad enough that they take your money and screw this up; however, to keep your money but not let you roll back makes me a bit bitter.

2019/01/02 18:20:30
paulo
Success!

Celemony sent me another version of the pre 4.2 installer and now all my issues seem to be resolved. I have asked them if I am permitted to share the link to this installer and will post it here if I am allowed to - assuming that this place is still open at that point. If it is closed I will make a post at the new forum and put it there.

2019/01/02 21:33:33
sven450
paulo
Success!

Celemony sent me another version of the pre 4.2 installer and now all my issues seem to be resolved. I have asked them if I am permitted to share the link to this installer and will post it here if I am allowed to - assuming that this place is still open at that point. If it is closed I will make a post at the new forum and put it there.

Please do post if possible.  I did the export audio to Studio One thing, and reimport to Sonar.  It worked, but way too time consuming.  I never should have updated....
2019/01/02 21:34:54
sven450
I have an old download of 4.1.1.001.  Should I install that?  I think the broken one is 4.2

2019/01/02 22:00:45
paulo
sven450
paulo
Success!

Please do post if possible.  I did the export audio to Studio One thing, and reimport to Sonar.  It worked, but way too time consuming.  I never should have updated....

They have asked me not to share the link, but I can confirm that what I now have installed is a pre 4.2 version so if you have an older installer pre 4.2 I guess it must be worth a try. I had to uninstall 4.2 first as it wouldn't allow an older version to overwrite a newer version, but so far so good.........
2019/01/03 00:32:00
TheMaartian
Good thing I kept my 4.1.1.1 installer. I'm actually surprised I didn't delete it.
2019/01/05 17:35:30
jlhawk
I reinstalled the 4.1 version I happened to have. I tend to save previous downloads until I'm sure there are no issues with newer versions. It barks at me when I launch, but I just close the browser window and continue working. Version 4.2 was unusable for me. Had issues in Studio One 4 as well...

paulo

When you say that you installed the previous version, do you mean v4...something or prior to 4?  I only have the v4 installer they sent me when I bought the upgrade.

2019/01/08 19:10:09
Paul G
FYI, I got an email today from Celemony.  Melodyne 4.2.1 is available.

HTH

Paul
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account