• Features & Ideas
  • Make Take lane split points and crossfades adjustable in the parent track
2015/04/19 01:35:37
icontakt
In the first screenshot below, you can see one bigger track that shows two red clips, which are takes I chose as best from its Take lanes. As you can see, I increased the clips' waveforms to maximum scale (by simply dragging up the scale on the separator between the track headers and the Clips pane), hoping I can easily locate the best split point and move the auto-created crossfade to left/right accordingly.

The problem is, the split point, or crossfade, can't be dragged to left/right when Take lanes are collapsed (the split point icon doesn't appear when hovering the mouse cursor over the point).

So, in order to adjust the point, I have to expand lanes like this:

Now, I see other problems here. First, if the best takes were in, say, lane 30 and 31 (which are NOT visible in the screen), I'd have to move those lanes near the parent track or I wouldn't be able to view the parent track while adjusting the split point in Take lanes (this is one of reasons why I've been asking for slimmer lanes). Also, I can't increase the waveforms of the two lanes simultaneously (notice that only the waveform of the right clip is increased). I thought quick-grouping or holding down CTRL and dragging up/down the zoom scale in the lower-right corner of the Track view would also work on Take lanes, but no, they only work on tracks.

So, it would really be nice if Take lane split points were adjustable (horizontally, and also vertically for crossfades) in the parent track as well. It would definitely make comping much easier (for me).

Thanks
2015/04/19 03:41:20
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
oh, yes please - this would have saved me a lot of time on the recent project ... always having to expand take lanes and resize them is a bit of a workflow killer if you just want to get access to the red triangles for adjusting fades ...

It works fine when there is only one take ... but when does it ever happen that you only got one take? unless you clone/archive the original track and delete all muted takes in the clone ... which of course forces you to commit to certain takes rather early ...
2015/04/19 04:30:07
trtzbass
yep, upvote :)
2015/04/19 04:43:06
icontakt
trtzbass
yep, upvote :)

Thanks. Would you mind clicking the fifth star in the right corner of the original post?
2015/04/19 06:19:19
trtzbass
Sure no problem. I'm on mobile now so I don't think I can do it. Will do tonight when I'm home
2015/04/19 06:25:11
icontakt
Thanks! :-)
2015/04/20 00:57:09
namal
many thanks

2015/04/20 02:29:34
icontakt
namal
many thanks

Welcome to the CW forums and thanks for the comment, namal (I see it's your first post here). If you're on the desktop version, you can vote for the request by uisng the stars in the upper right corner of the original post. The higher the total number of stars, the more likely the feature is to be implemented.
2016/01/13 13:27:41
jabdo56
Bump
2016/01/13 14:52:59
arlen2133
We need this.  It would help with workflow.  Enough said.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account