• Software
  • Melodyne Editor vs Waves Tune
2018/05/25 14:23:43
celopadua
Just reviving the old discussion of which one is better in terms of the following:

1) Pitch Correction Quality
2) More Natural Sounding
3) Pitch Shifting capabilities
4) Creating believable harmonies
5) Features

What do you guys think? I like both and use them interchangeably, but I do seem to lean a bit more towards Melodyne as of late, specially after the new release. 

2018/05/25 20:47:50
batsbrew
man, i don't know..
i have waves tune, 
but have never used.

i don't use pitch correction 
2018/05/25 20:54:44
rj davis
I use Melodyne Editor almost daily, and it is amazing at each of the tasks you ask about. Haven't used Waves Tune nearly as much, but it seems like a toy in comparison.  Will do the basic stuff ok though.  If you're going to do a lot of higher end tuning, Editor is worth the $ IMHO. 
2018/05/26 00:19:01
celopadua
Thanks for the input.
I've used Waves tunes in the past, but am thinking of migrating over to Melodyne. I have the essential version, but should probably upgrade to Editor.

What I've found from my limited comparassions is that with Waves Tune it is easier to get a good sound, but it's impossible to get a great one. And with melodyne, it is difficult to get a more natural sounding result, but possible to perfect it with time and its different tools.

Am I on to something?
2018/05/26 01:38:42
jerrypettit
Per something I've read elsewhere, I first use Melodyne and then I put Waves Tune on the track.  Seems to be fewer "artifacts" that way.
2018/05/26 02:01:23
batsbrew
i'm curious...
why do you guys have so much stuff that's out of tune?

2018/05/26 10:51:10
celopadua
Well, not all of us were blessed with Freddie Mercury's perfect pitch or David Bowie's serenity under pressure.
2018/05/26 18:58:24
jerrypettit
batsbrew
i'm curious...
why do you guys have so much stuff that's out of tune?

I'm 66.  The voice is going and the ears are long gone.  

2018/05/26 23:56:40
jude77
rj davis
I use Melodyne Editor almost daily, and it is amazing at each of the tasks you ask about. Haven't used Waves Tune nearly as much, but it seems like a toy in comparison.  Will do the basic stuff ok though.  If you're going to do a lot of higher end tuning, Editor is worth the $ IMHO. 

Yep.  I have them both, and Melodyne is in it's own league. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account