• SONAR
  • Delay starting when pressing play SOLVED or at least a workaround
2018/10/16 20:19:40
JJ9
Playback works fine with only 1 or 2 soft synths loaded but if I program for a full orchestra with, say, vienna instruments and Kontact, I get a delay every time I press the space bar to start playback and record. Somewhat frustrating.

This happened pre bandlab too in my sonar platinum

Any ideas? 

Thanks  in advance

windows 10   64 bit   i7   32GB RAM   Focusrite asio soundcard (firewire)
Sonar platinum bandlab   usb midisport 8x8
2018/10/16 20:46:35
HIBI
'Enable Read Caching' under the Preferences > Audio - "Sync and Caching" has been checked? and recommend a Playback I/O Buffer Size value of about 512 (KB) if you are experiencing any performance problems.
2018/10/17 16:39:16
JJ9
Thanks HIBI, will try this
2018/10/17 16:51:20
JJ9
HIBI
'Enable Read Caching' under the Preferences > Audio - "Sync and Caching" has been checked? and recommend a Playback I/O Buffer Size value of about 512 (KB) if you are experiencing any performance problems.

Tried this, still pause before playback. Funnily enough when I first open the project and press play for the very first time there is no delay on playback
2018/10/18 13:59:37
HIBI
Hmm... Sorry, I don't have further information at this moment. Anyone else?
2018/10/18 15:52:30
Bristol_Jonesey
JJ9
HIBI

Tried this, still pause before playback. Funnily enough when I first open the project and press play for the very first time there is no delay on playback

Hit 'e' to bypass all Fx and see what happens
2018/10/18 18:23:56
JJ9
Bristol_Jonesey
JJ9
HIBI

Hit 'e' to bypass all Fx and see what happens

Yes, tried this

Does anyone else have this problem?
2018/10/18 19:02:56
southpaw3473
Do you have any look-ahead or linear phase plugins in the project? That will cause a delay.
2018/10/19 00:31:59
promidi
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your audio interface drivers (maybe make sure you have the latest versions while you're at it). 

Also try exiting Splat, renaming your AUD.ini file then restart Splat so Splat can rebuild your AUD.INI file

That's in %APPDATA%\cakewalk\SONAR Platinum

Also, is core parking turned off?
2018/10/19 04:30:50
rcklln
JJ9

Does anyone else have this problem?

I've run across this when my project track count got very high when using standard HDs. Have not had this happen on SSDs.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account