2015/12/16 13:26:43
RobbieVanDoe
Hiya all,
need some help please, how do i do a offline activation for my vsti?

2015/12/19 21:30:06
del3rius
This Internet Activation thing that all developers gradually adopt is dump. First of all most of us don't want to be connected for many reasons... I get it it's for protecting their product and not get pirated, I got too... 
By that way many want desperately a pirated version... to bypass all this fuzz, although they bought the damn synth...
Exept that, do they (developers) do any BETA testing, before releasing such an update? Makes me wonder... 
I expeted, at least, bypassing the "Command Center" thingy, to be able to play and make new sounds... old presets don't load.. and after a while it doesn't matter if I have it or not installed on my PC.
I respect the developers and their hard work, but maybe they should think like plain users before making more money... Respect works both ways... firstly by the developer side... especially
2015/12/20 03:06:37
Paul P
del3rius
Respect works both ways... firstly by the developer side... especially

I agree with everything you said (most especially your comment on beta testing) except for the Internet Activation thing.  Maybe it offers better protection against pirating, but for us honest users, it mostly offers ease of maintenance.  Up until last week I also hated the CCC, and its bretheren at other companies, but after spending some time cleaning up my own setup I've come to appreciate how easy they make it for us to maintain our systems.  It's a win for both ends.  Cakewalk gets to control how things are installed (thus minimizing clueless-user screwups) and we get to stop worrying about what is necessary to have a working system.  It's not yet perfect, but the future is good.

2015/12/20 08:03:20
Snehankur
There are other two ways of authentication I have seen:
I. Firstly create an offline file which needed to be uploaded to get another file to be downloaded to authenticate the software. Which is not fully without internet but user can avoid using internet on DAW
ii. I-LOK, which will take up another USB port.
2015/12/22 11:31:38
RobbieVanDoe
thats what Arturia, Native instruments and many other companies do, I've also go the elicenser  which i use for Cubase 8 and vengeance plugins swell as nexus.
I really don't understand why they haven't thought of a offline file, but then again I've heard people saying its buggy as **** so i think ill have to see what 2.2.1 update brings :)
2015/12/23 10:37:59
RobbieVanDoe
Snehankur

Thank you mate :)

Thanks Cakewalk, I'm Happy now :)
2015/12/24 04:41:23
Snehankur
Merry Christmas  
2015/12/24 08:20:29
Grem
Snehankur

Merry Christmas  

And a Merry Christmas to you Snehankur!!

Thanks for that link too! That made my day!
2015/12/24 20:41:18
Snehankur
Great...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account