2015/12/22 14:39:07
Bristol_Jonesey
Up until today, I hadn't installed the update to Z3TA following the comments of many members stating that existing projects wouldn't honour installed patches.

So.... today I installed it via the CCC following the advice given in the Lexington thread.
I have only installed it on my laptop as I use this as a test bed so if anything goes wrong, it's not catastrophic.

Opening up version 2.2.1, I am greeted with totally blank Presets. Nothing at all is available. Any ideas anyone?
2015/12/22 14:50:15
scook
Zeta+2 looks at "UserData Path" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\z3ta+\2.0. Mine is set to "C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2." The path contains the following

2015/12/22 14:57:59
Bristol_Jonesey
Hi Steve.

Looking at the Registry entries, there doesn't appear to be anything referring to Program Data:

edit: image removed due to exposed credentials - sc
2015/12/22 15:04:27
scook
It is using the "UserData Path"
Yours is set the same as mine.
The path to the programs folder should be "C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs"
My programs folder has a lot of 3rd party stuff in it but yours should at least have the "Factory Content" folder and a couple of others. Here is what my program folder looks like:

2015/12/22 15:37:41
Bristol_Jonesey
Steve, whilst my Programs folder doesn't contain as much as yours, there are a few there, more or less what I was expecting, including Factory Content.

So  why isn't Z3TA seeing them?

I can open it up and choose "Load Program", navigate to the Programs folder and it loads any patch I choose.

The 3 boxes at the top read, from left to right:

Programs
Factory Content
---

The Programs dropdown shows the other packs but selecting them does nothing.

The box with --- does exactly nothing
2015/12/22 15:58:50
scook
I can make Z3ta+2 fail they way you are describing if the program folders are located in ""C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs\Programs"

IOW, having the programs one level too deep.
2015/12/22 17:32:23
Bristol_Jonesey
This is bizarre.

I've modified the registry key several times, as follows:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Z3TA+ 2
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Z3TA+ 2\Programs
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Z3TA+ 2\Programs\Programs

C:\Cakewalk Content
C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2
C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs

With exactly the same results each time

I've copied all of the program files so it *should* be finding them.

Glad I've not tried on my DAW!!
2015/12/22 18:47:46
scook
Is the the VST3 plug-in?
Have you verified the about screen shows version 2.2.1?
Does the stand alone fail the same way?
Are you using a custom menu layout?
2015/12/22 20:13:12
John Joseph [Cakewalk]
Out of curiosity, if you try and manually load a program (you have to go through the Program menu and click Load .fxp, I believe) from one of those menus, does it load properly?
2015/12/22 22:36:43
Paul P
scook
It is using the "UserData Path"
Yours is set the same as mine.
The path to the programs folder should be "C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs"

Just a clarification, this path is the real path to the folder containing the programs, but in the "UserData Path" registry entry it's as you said above ; that is, there's no "\Programs" on the end.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account