2015/12/22 22:50:59
scook
Yes, the default value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\z3ta+\2.0 "UserData Path" is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2" which contains the folders:

There was an image of the registry in post #3 which had the default value. The image was removed because it contained registration data.
2015/12/23 04:07:49
Bristol_Jonesey
scook
Is the the VST3 plug-in?
Have you verified the about screen shows version 2.2.1?
Does the stand alone fail the same way?
Are you using a custom menu layout?

1 - No, VST2
2 - Yes
3 - Yes
4 - No
2015/12/23 04:08:01
Bristol_Jonesey
John Joseph [Cakewalk]
Out of curiosity, if you try and manually load a program (you have to go through the Program menu and click Load .fxp, I believe) from one of those menus, does it load properly?

Yes
2015/12/23 09:47:19
scook
Does the VST3 version work correctly?
2015/12/23 10:35:37
Logan Thomas [Cakewalk]
Hey @Bristol_Jonesey Sorry for the trouble here. Your problem seems to be that Z3TA is looking for the programs in the "C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Z3TA+ 2/Programs" which I would assume is an empty folder.

If this is the case, remove that folder (or move it elsewhere if it has important things in it) and re-run the installer and Z3TA should work.

If that is not the case or you have any other questions let me know.

-Logan
2015/12/23 17:34:40
Bristol_Jonesey
Hey guys, a bit more feedback.

I've updated Sonar to Lexington and the Z3TA+2 to 2.2.1 on another computer and it works fine, with but one caveat: I only have the VST2 version available, there is no VST3. But I don't really care about that -  it works!

Back to the laptop. I've reinstalled Z from the CCC, same as last night. I downloaded it directly from my products, same story. Menu items only, no programs available.

Now, here's where it gets interesting - the laptop ONLY has the VST3 option available, there's no VST2 in the "Default All Plugins" list of plugins.

Going into the Plugin manager, there IS a VST2 version, so the first question is why doesn't it appear under the "Default All Plugins" menu option?

So I made a very simple custom menu, added the VST3 version it and now it can be selected as normal.
But even now, there are still no Programs available in the synth gui.

This is getting completely screwy. Not sure what to do next.

@Logan Thomas
Z3TA is looking for the programs in the "C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Z3TA+ 2/Programs" which I would assume is an empty folder.quote/]

I looked this last night and ended up copying the entire Programs folder so that it ended up in "C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Z3TA+ 2/Programs" and also in "C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs"

Is this likely to cause problems? Like I said, I only use the laptop as a testing bed, never for serious music making, but it would be nice to get it sorted.

2015/12/23 17:53:40
scook
Bristol_Jonesey
Going into the Plugin manager, there IS a VST2 version, so the first question is why doesn't it appear under the "Default All Plugins" menu option?

Depends on on VST3 migration settings in Preferences > File > VST Settings. The VST2 plug-in will not be displayed if "Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins" is enabled.

Bristol_Jonesey
I looked this last night and ended up copying the entire Programs folder so that it ended up in "C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Z3TA+ 2/Programs" and also in "C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs"

Is this likely to cause problems? Like I said, I only use the laptop as a testing bed, never for serious music making, but it would be nice to get it sorted.

I don't think it matters how many copies of the programs are on the PC. Z3ta+2 only looks in one place for the files.

What is the complete path to "- Italo 84 (Pb) BT -.Fxp" in Factory Content "- Showcase -" in Cakewalk Content?
2015/12/23 19:05:56
scook
I am guessing only the 64bit version was updated. Was a 32bit version ever installed?
2015/12/25 01:41:42
Bristol_Jonesey
scook
Bristol_Jonesey

Depends on on VST3 migration settings in Preferences > File > VST Settings. The VST2 plug-in will not be displayed if "Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins" is enabled.

Bristol_Jonesey

I don't think it matters how many copies of the programs are on the PC. Z3ta+2 only looks in one place for the files.

What is the complete path to "- Italo 84 (Pb) BT -.Fxp" in Factory Content "- Showcase -" in Cakewalk Content?

Complete path is:

C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs\Factory Content\- Showcase -

"The VST2 plug-in will not be displayed if "Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins" is enabled."

Good catch. Switching this off causes the VST2 version to display
2015/12/26 03:51:27
Bristol_Jonesey
Update.

I have now completely wiped Z3TA+2 from my system, including what I think are the necessary Registry keys.

Re-installed it again via CCC but still getting the same old story.

There was no option during installation to select VST2 or VST3 but both seem to have been installed
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account