2015/12/26 05:17:33
Snehankur
scook
Bristol_Jonesey
Going into the Plugin manager, there IS a VST2 version, so the first question is why doesn't it appear under the "Default All Plugins" menu option?

Depends on on VST3 migration settings in Preferences > File > VST Settings. The VST2 plug-in will not be displayed if "Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins" is enabled.

Bristol_Jonesey
I looked this last night and ended up copying the entire Programs folder so that it ended up in "C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Z3TA+ 2/Programs" and also in "C:\Cakewalk Content\Z3TA+ 2\Programs"

Is this likely to cause problems? Like I said, I only use the laptop as a testing bed, never for serious music making, but it would be nice to get it sorted.

I don't think it matters how many copies of the programs are on the PC. Z3ta+2 only looks in one place for the files.

What is the complete path to "- Italo 84 (Pb) BT -.Fxp" in Factory Content "- Showcase -" in Cakewalk Content?

Mine is
G:\Vstplugins\64Bits\Z3TA+ 2\Programs\Factory Content\- Showcase -
Here I can see all the .fxps for showcase

2015/12/26 07:31:26
scook
Bristol_Jonesey

There was no option during installation to select VST2 or VST3 but both seem to have been installed

I believe this is normal.

When removing the registry keys, did you look in the 32bit area?
2015/12/27 06:12:54
Bristol_Jonesey
hi Steve.

Any chance you can point me to the right place to look for 32 bit keys?

Thanks.
2015/12/27 07:51:21
pwalpwal
scook
Bristol_Jonesey

There was no option during installation to select VST2 or VST3 but both seem to have been installed

normal? i don't remember a plugin that didn't give the option for which variant(s) to install, and where... cake could really up their game regarding their installers
2015/12/27 09:10:39
scook
pwalpwal
scook
Bristol_Jonesey

normal?

In this context, yes. I do not see how a discussion about this ATM, helps the OP.
2015/12/27 09:20:04
scook

Bristol_Jonesey
hi Steve.

Thanks.

If there is one it would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\z3ta+\2. Of you did not install the 32bit version, there should be be a 32bit registry entry.

Are the audio/MIDI Loops and the rest of the files SONAR (Arp patterns, CAL scripts, tutorials) installed in Cakewalk Content installed in "C:\Cakewalk Content?"

2015/12/27 09:37:44
pwalpwal
scook
pwalpwal
scook
Bristol_Jonesey

normal?

In this context, yes. I do not see how a discussion about this ATM, helps the OP.

no but it could help in the future, and was on topic :-)
2015/12/28 03:59:28
Bristol_Jonesey
scook

Bristol_Jonesey
hi Steve.

Thanks.

If there is one it would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\z3ta+\2. Of you did not install the 32bit version, there should be be a 32bit registry entry.

There is no entry for Z3TA under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software
Are the audio/MIDI Loops and the rest of the files SONAR (Arp patterns, CAL scripts, tutorials) installed in Cakewalk Content installed in "C:\Cakewalk Content?"

Sort of, they are located in the root of C:\Cakewalk Content\SONAR Platinum
2015/12/28 11:41:14
scook
That all seems correct. So it would appear everything is installed correctly but Z3ta+2 acts like the programs are one directory level too deep. I am out of ideas hopefully tech support can sort this out.
2015/12/28 14:02:29
Bristol_Jonesey
Hopefully Steve, thanks for your assistance.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account