• Features & Ideas
  • Make LANDR and other 3rd party options always seperate in CCC (p.2)
2016/03/03 18:55:53
Beepster
Soooo... the final word is that Landr is still going to be part of the main installer download?

As in if I want to download the Sonar installer it's gonna come with Landr?

That was the problem. Doesn't sound like that's changed.
2016/03/03 19:23:08
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Its definitely changed. There is a big difference between downloading an installer vs installing it. When you download the SONAR installer you get a package that contains multiple components that are optional. We've always done that.
So yes this is the way it is going to be - except that we do not actually install Landr. Your argument at this point is semantic.
2016/03/03 19:31:29
Beepster
Uh... no it's not. The whole time I and others were saying we did not want the Landr app bundled with the main installer. We wanted a completely separate download.

It is still bundled.

Yes, what you have done is a positive change but it is NOT what I was "arguing" for.

Thanks for dismissing the point as semantics though.

I have my answer and will make future decisions regarding Sonar based on that.

No need to followup.
2016/03/03 22:44:40
Paul P
Kamikaze
Please give us the option to opt out of all 3rd part services and goods from Cakewalk Command Centre

I would prefer being offered to opt in to all 3rd party services/additions.  Please no surprises.
It's a pain to have to be in a state of constant alert to prevent something being slipped past me.

2016/03/04 11:10:30
stevec
I dunno....  Noel's update seems like it's essentially the same end result just using a different route to get there.   If I read it correctly it's a one-time 50MB (or so) download and nothing is installed unless LANDR is explicitly selected for export. 

So in the end, if someone were downloading a 2016 version for the first time with this new release, they'd have no clue LANDR even exists unless they chose to use it.    If that were the case with the current "N" release I'd imagine this entire discussion would have never existed.   

2016/03/04 11:15:37
NeoSoul
I don't have a problem with 3rd party options being included.  The issue is something like LANDAR which is an add on pay for service.  If it is a truly free and fully functional piece (Pro-Channel Plugin, Melodyne, NOmad Plugins etc) as long as it doesn't take up much space in the installer (yes another issue with LANDAR), then no reason not to include it as long as Sonar has verified it isn't "calling home, doing data gathering, etc"
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account