2016/08/28 04:21:09
Vastman
Actually, Bob... I'll be transiting lots till the end of the year when I hope to relocate to be mom's care giver in her last few years... starting with a week a month and ramping to much more as I settle my affairs in Oakland...and in the process, considering it's sort of an overdue retirement from heavy labor (landscape/garden creation/maintenance) I'll be visiting family/friends in the northwest/BC canada area when my mom needs a break... mobility might be a main aspect of my life!  Can imagine a small trailer studio while traveling...as I'm mostly virtual these days!

Given my current rig, I can't imagine doing with a lesser machine.  I max out my 4930 periodically and if I really can stop spending half my day trying to work enough to survive/mortgage/taxes et al, I might really be able to finally explore my songwriting passion at a level I've always dreamed of... two beefy ssd's and a TB interface and I should be on cloud nine, only having to resort to the VastMaschine when I wanna finalize and create videos to move my climate music to youtube, which might change more minds...

Just thinkin' out loud... the idea of moving my studio rig seems insane...or at least really challenging/dangerous. I'd also be a reward for letting go of the house/farm I spent over 20 years creating!  And I've spent more than that on recent vsts this year alone!

Would love more ram but nothing I see offers TB, all the usb3 ports, and 2 drives in a convertible touch screen format.  One tester is able to drive 5 hd monitors via TB so yikes!
2016/08/28 05:19:52
robert_e_bone
KEWL! I hope you get the time to explore and create and have fun while you are out on the range.

Bob Bone

2016/08/28 07:40:38
soens
"15.6" touch screen for hands-on control
3840 x 2160 native resolution. Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 10. LED backlight."

Wow. hope you have reeeelly good eyes. That's quite the resolution for such a "small" screen. It'd be great on a 27" or bigger screen tho. For LP DAW use I prefer 17" minimum.

Many LPs have Display Ports instead of HDMI (mine has 2 & 1 respectively). HDMI is intended to connect one device to one display. DisplayPort can be used to connect the same device to multiple displays. Both can carry HD quality digital video and audio signals.

My LP has great specs but is a bit noisy. Something I'm looking for is a quieter LP.
2016/08/28 11:27:59
Cactus Music
No matter what the specs, Some laptops have crap inbedded in their system that make recording imposible. This is why laptops can be a crapshoot.  Always run Latency Mon before you spend the money, or make sure the sales person is aware that if you can't get background processing under control, it's coming back. 

My son bought a $1,500 Dell just for audio and it was a dud. Dell would not return it as they claimed there was nothing actually wrong with it... only for audio was it a doorstop. He bought a $500 Acer, suped it up a bit, and it's been doing fine. 

We had a heck of a time finding a Laptop with a DVD drive for our music program at work. We need to rip CD's into iTunes. After 3 months the DVD drive is no longer recognized by Windows or the BIOS. I hate laptops...
2016/08/28 17:26:18
Vastman
Cactus Music
No matter what the specs, Some laptops have crap inbedded in their system that make recording imposible. This is why laptops can be a crapshoot.  Always run Latency Mon before you spend the money, or make sure the sales person is aware that if you can't get background processing under control, it's coming back. 

My son bought a $1,500 Dell just for audio and it was a dud. Dell would not return it as they claimed there was nothing actually wrong with it... only for audio was it a doorstop. He bought a $500 Acer, suped it up a bit, and it's been doing fine. 

We had a heck of a time finding a Laptop with a DVD drive for our music program at work. We need to rip CD's into iTunes. After 3 months the DVD drive is no longer recognized by Windows or the BIOS. I hate laptops...

+1!

The more I look into this area the more excitation I have become...but I agree... get a no questions asked return policy...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account