• Computers
  • I think I am about fed up with MS and Windows. (p.3)
2016/08/27 08:48:49
DeeringAmps
Win 7 just works for me.
Not deep enough into the "10" cycle yet.
"Never look a gift horse in the mouth"
"The first one's free"

Just sayin'

T
2016/08/27 23:02:59
Cookie Jarvis
Yup, Win7 Ultimate is rockin' here...it helps that I built my own machine, use a PCI interface, and try to avoid wonky software :)

Bill
2016/08/28 04:32:58
Vastman
The Apple landscape is NO panacea... most of the pros I know using Apple are pissed as hell these days with the dumbing down of programs to "consumer" level and updates which totally F up their work... Just the other day my housemate was furious/screaming that an update totally wrecked all the programming he'd done to create pad/phone control of many templates worth of work... Another studio owner had his hard drives scoured and stripped of original music, and it took weeks to get it back, although it is totally compressed and not the original.  He's livid....furthermore, the macs/laps haven't been updated to any real degree in years...

Win10/intel are working just fine here.

The latest touch screen convertible laptop from asus that I'm considering is hugely powerful, extremely reasonably priced  and blows any mac lap out of the water....at ANY price
2016/08/28 18:16:44
dwardzala
dcumpian

Frankly, my best investment in better mixing was a giant trackball from Kensington. With one click, I can lock the trackball to the fader (or any other control) and ride the ball with my fingertips. Really great control that way.

Dan

Dan, how do you lock the trackball to a fader?  Is this specific to Kensington trackballs (I have a logitech)?
2016/08/29 08:32:20
dcumpian
dwardzala
dcumpian

Frankly, my best investment in better mixing was a giant trackball from Kensington. With one click, I can lock the trackball to the fader (or any other control) and ride the ball with my fingertips. Really great control that way.

Dan

Dan, how do you lock the trackball to a fader?  Is this specific to Kensington trackballs (I have a logitech)?

The Kensington has 4 buttons that are programmable. I have one button programmed to "stick" (I forget what they call it in the software) to whatever control the mouse is over. It works great. It is so easy to do fader moves and/or draw automation just resting my fingertips on the ball.

Regards,
Dan
2016/08/29 09:27:32
dwardzala
OK, thanks - I will need to investigate to see if I can do something similar with the Logitech.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account