2018/05/18 11:33:05
paulo
Anyone else had a strange email from Pluginboutique titled...."we regret to inform you....." which when opened doesn't tell you what it is that they regret to inform you?

I opened it thinking it was going to be a closing down notice or something, but the text is just a reassurance that my personal data is safe with them and asking to click on a link for two free plug-ins. Because of the wording of the title and no further reference to what it is that they regret, I don't really feel inclined to click on that link.
2018/05/18 12:17:18
Seems alright/legit, you end up at Plugin Boutique and select your plugin. I grabbed Nebula, there's a post in the deals forum about the free plugins.
2018/05/18 13:10:03
Michael A.D.
It's just part of new privacy rules that are set to kick-off in some parts of the world.  So companies need to get their customers to agree to stay on their mailing list.

I have to agree that saying "We regret to inform you" was probably not the best header.  I think "Free gifts for you" would have worked much better.

So they are giving away 2 freebies - I already had the AIR one, but I did not have Nebula.  It's basically a delay program with some other features.  A nice freebie!
2018/05/18 14:28:10
KingsMix
It's legit
2018/05/18 14:38:56
TheMaartian
Already had Hybrid 3 (the other freebie), but Nebula looks great. Have it installed, but haven't tested it yet.

No complaints about Plugin Boutique.
2018/05/18 14:43:28
Makzimia
Got my two complimentaries, very pleased, even if they just grow the over populated folders of my plugins LOL.
2018/05/18 19:09:27
paulo
Thanks for all replies. 

Remember: Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not all out to get you! 
2018/05/18 19:46:23
RSMCGUITAR
Yeah, I agree with Michael. I got something similar from Softube
2018/05/18 23:04:44
csnack
I got the email yesterday and was scratching my head over it until today. I was trying to figure out what it was they wanted me to "opt in" to exactly, especially because as stated by other members the email heading was poorly chosen and made zero sense once you figured out what the email was about. Apparently Gdpr is some user data agreement deal going down in Europe only, which would explain why I hadn't heard of it here in Seattle. Plugin Boutique was trying to get its customers who are already on their mailing list to "opt in" to remain on their list w/ to new gdpr rules and the free plugs are basically an "assurance policy" to have you stay on their list. Near as I can tell nothing really changes on the customer's end and you get two free plugs, a synth and an effect. I had neither of these plugs. I opted to remain on their mailing list. You can always unsubscribe later if you choose. English is probably not their first language is all, but the opt in deal is legit. Still not sure what they were regretting to inform us of heh
2018/05/19 00:31:18
Grem
Same as Paulo and csnack here. Why? What for? How come? And other BS thoughts ran through my head as I read the email.

Best that I can figure is they regret to inform you of the new rules they will have to follow, and those new rules require them to 'bother you' by asking that you have to make a choice to 'opt-in'.

That was the conclusion I came too. And as soon as the power comes back on I will grab me two freebies.

Do any of the freebies require iLok?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account