2015/11/24 18:21:17
TheMaartian
Are there any good reasons to keep D-Pro and Rapture installed after the latest update of RP today? With the "remastered" D-Pro and Rapture Classic samples for RP, why would I use either of the old synths if I don't have any archived projects that use either?

Also, I'm assuming that Rapture Sessions is 100% duplication of what I already have, so no need to d/l and install. Correct? If so, can I hide the Rapture Sessions app in CCC? I didn't see an obvious way to do it.
2015/11/24 21:22:36
Doktor Avalanche
Only if you have old projects referencing it. I asked the very same Q myself.. Thank goodness somebody repeated the same question for me otherwise would never have got the answer from cakewalk
2015/11/26 01:28:22
mixmkr
and the answer was...?
2015/11/26 08:54:39
AT
NO, you don't need Rapt and DimPro installed if you have Rapt Pro.  It is supposed to play programs from both and all the associated libraries.

However, if you don't load the older programs you will manually have to replace the synth and programs for older song files.
2015/11/26 09:03:53
BobF
My plan is to let my next machine build, at whatever point in the future, play the cleanup role.  With samples on a secondary drive, the potential space savings isn't worth the time/trouble for me to bother with uninstalling.

And as AT said, there is always the chance an older project will get revisited.

IIRC, you should be able to hide (exclude) the old versions via Plug-in Manager to declutter your instrument select lists.
2015/11/26 09:43:29
Doktor Avalanche
Without built in sample file management near impossible. Even with reg hacks and mklinks.
2015/12/09 13:19:47
jbow
Last night I was updating some things and noticed a bunch of red lights under Rapture Pro: Dim Pro 1 and 2, and a bunch of sound packs? I installed them but now I'm wondering if I should have. My memory isn't what it used to be and I have this nagging thought that I had left them red for a reason. Am I OK or should I delete them? They all seemed to go to my E drive which is fine, if they aren't going to cause me problems. I AM trying to stay 64bit as much as possible. Will playing 32bit samples with a 64bit instrument cause me trouble?
2 questions there..
Thanks,
Julien
2015/12/09 13:48:43
scook
You should be OK. The bit depth of a sample is a completely different thing than the format of a plug-in. Do not think of them as in any way similar. The bit depth of a sample is like the bit depth of your SONAR projects. Very few create projects using 64bit. I suspect most use 16 or 24bit. Yet most running 64bit Windows probably use 64bit SONAR and plug-ins.
2015/12/09 14:03:34
Soundwise
scook
Very few create projects using 64bit.

64-bit PCM audio projects? Never heard of such! I've never seen an audio interface that is capable even of 32-bit resolution, 24-bit is very common though. Yes, some DAWs allow for 32-bit audio recording, but that is merely a conversion of 24-bit signal to 32-bit audio.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_bit_depth
2015/12/09 14:13:24
scook
SONAR has settings to run a project at 64bit depth. I have never tried. Some audio drivers are fixed at 32bit. I suspect this is due to software mixers and effects supplied with the interfaces. Of course, this does not mean the hardware is running at 32bit.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account