2015/12/06 20:39:01
mrdrwest
I just discovered that the latest updates of Rapture Pro V2.00.3.96 and Z3ta+ 2 V2.2.0 still do not support MIDI Program & Bank change messages...SMH

Assigning MIDI CCs to the synth's Program Next and Previous buttons is useful for previewing sounds via a MIDI controller's surface buttons, sliders, or knobs actuation, but is useless in a DAW when you want to change synth programs on the fly in a track. I realize Rapture Pro is sample based and it can potentially take time to switch to/load a different program, but the option should be there.

MIDI Program & Bank change messages work in Applied Acoustics suite of VSTs; just tested them. I'll check my NI VSTs next.

Cakewalk, please address this omission for all your virtual instruments that are still in your supportable product life cycle portfolio.
2015/12/09 15:33:44
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Rapture Pro, Rapture Session, and Z3TA+ 2.2 all support MIDI assignments to the next/previous program functions. The assignments can be made in Rapture Pro/Session's Options button, or by right-clicking the next/previous program buttons in Z3TA+ 2.2.
2015/12/09 16:41:13
azslow3
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Rapture Pro, Rapture Session, and Z3TA+ 2.2 all support MIDI assignments to the next/previous program functions. The assignments can be made in Rapture Pro/Session's Options button, or by right-clicking the next/previous program buttons in Z3TA+ 2.2.

While I am a big fun of this 2 assignments in PR (which was added in some update):
  1. OP knows about them already, as you can see it his post
  2. may be in time of NKS it is possible to either return to "old style" with bank/patch or introduce some new style for convenient VSTi control? Sonar CS API also still has only "Next/Previous preset" commands. "GoTo N", bank switch, MIDI assignment for switch to particular program. I guess that is not so time consuming to implement.
2015/12/09 16:52:06
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
As far as performance goes, with next/previous assignments, if you save your frequently used programs to the user or a new bank folder, you can readily skip around to frequently used sounds, or set it up as a play/set list. 
2015/12/09 23:03:49
mrdrwest
I'm not looking for suggestions, but I do appreciate it.

I'm making the community aware (some don't know) of this omission and making Cakewalk aware of its importance in enhancing workflow.

Support for MIDI Program & Bank change messages in your VST products should (must) be addressed by Cakewalk strategy, design, and engineering teams.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account