• Software
  • Exponential Audio does machine iLok
2018/05/12 00:00:53
Fleer
At last.
CPU Licensing Now Available for Stereo Classic Plugins

Exponential Audio's Stereo Classic family of plugins (PhoenixVerb, R2, M7Control, Excalibur) have now been expanded to include CPU-based licensing in addition to iLok. Nearly all new and existing licenses are covered by this change (see notes below).

Do you already have a license? To move it to your CPU, simply launch iLok License Manager and move the license off your iLok and up to your account. License Manager needs to see the license in order to update it. You should then be able to move it to your CPU.
2018/05/12 01:01:55
musichoo
Thank you. I have a R2 that I cannot use. Now finally.
2018/05/12 06:52:15
anxiousmofo
Argh. They’re the reason I finally caved and bought an ilok a couple years ago.
2018/05/12 15:05:09
The Maillard Reaction

2018/05/12 18:54:25
wst3
Wow, I've been quite fortunate! My few contacts with the company have been stellar. I've had a few conversations with them and they've been quite instructive. It is also hard to find a better reverb!

I have no issues with a company choosing iLok or some other hardware dongle to protect their intellectual property.

There are companies that overdo it - if you think Exponential is over the top check out VSL's policies.

We live in a world where too many folks seem to think it is ok to steal software. That the companies fight back seems quite reasonable. That people complain about companies trying to earn a return on their investments is the preposterous part, at least to me.
2018/05/12 20:04:41
dmbaer
anxiousmofo
Argh. They’re the reason I finally caved and bought an ilok a couple years ago.

For me it was Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven reverb ... not that I actually regret finally caving in and acquiring the iLok dongle after resisting for many years.  This is a smart move for Exponential Audio.  Excalibur is a brilliant plug-in and a whole lot more potential buyers just materialized with this decision.
2018/05/13 00:46:57
The Maillard Reaction

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account