2016/02/17 11:14:55
trmusic
The marker view needs to move into the 21st Century.  It's too rigid.  Because the columns are fixed in size, font, content, etc, it must be opened to a certain minimum size to be useful, and that size is, in my opinion, almost always too big.

Please consider these changes to the view:
1. Resizable columns -- this would help a LOT
2. Custom content (locks or not?)
3. Adjustable fonts - at least a size option
4. Scrollable viewport - right now if the marker name is off the right margin you're forced to enlarge the view.

Thanks,
thom
2016/02/23 08:59:28
ebibault51
I think that the marker concept itself is old-fashioned. The developers should keep the idea of being able to jump to one point easily, that's good.
But I would like the markers to be changed into Excel-like ranges of cells (or call it areas or zones). I mean, markers save a point, whereas range of cells in Excel save an area. In SONAR, that would offer new possibilities:
- save a zone that corresponds to an important part of your project : chorus 1, verse 1, bridge... That's not very different but that allows you a one-click selection of the chorus 1, for example.
- save multiple selections into your SONAR project. I often work on a selected part, for example from 1:01:000 to 10:01:000, then I edit another one: from 15:01:000 to 20:01:000. Then if I want to go back to edit [1:01:000 to 10:01:000] I have to select again. In Excel, I just have to define zone names and select them. It's a big time saver, and avoids some selection errors too.
- with markers being areas instead of points, these areas could be delimited by a color bar in the track view, with the name above. The bar would be selectable for one-click area selection.

And maybe one day, markers/areas/zones could be 2D: a combination of intervals (like 1:01:000 to 10:01:000) and tracks (tracks 1, 2 and 5 for example).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account