2016/08/06 13:18:52
DrLumen
Mesh
I don't recall doing that in BIOS.....then again, this is my first DAW and is 9 yrs. old (still with the original parts except for 1 stick of RAM).

Regarding upgrading to Win 10, Microsoft is still ok with it (if you're still wanting to).

It's a fairly new feature (2-3 years?) that I had forgotten about. It is supposed to stop viruses and rootkits from making changes to the MBR or injecting changes into the bios.

Thanks for the info about the upgrade but I have a really bad attitude toward MS right now... Part of it was my fault for not keeping my system backups up to date. But for the upgrade to fail so cryptically and horribly I don't even want to think about going through that nightmare again any time soon.
2016/08/07 19:54:47
Maarkr
i had to do a clean install on my daughters computer because it would not update Win 7 to SP1.  I've had luck upgrading three computers doing a clean boot... look it up... clearing drivers in msconfig, unplugging internet and all usb devices, and upgrading/updating using a usb or iso image.  IN all of my cases, the computer would get to a point and refuse to finish and wither do nothing or revert back... sometimes with bad results.
2016/08/14 08:10:54
Marconix1
What sort of program incompatibilities and issues have you guys come up against after doing the windows 10 free upgrade? Lost plugins? Sonar not working? Etc.
2016/08/14 08:41:42
jmasno5
It took several tries to upgrade to 10. Once I pulled the wireless network card out of the machine it upgraded. At times, I feel the GUI is more sluggish in 10 than 7.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account