2016/08/18 04:16:04
HighAndDry
I am  having a problem when I stop and start sonar platinum.  I mean the transport when playing a project.  if I stop and start it several times (like when I am listening for mistakes, edits etc) it starts to delay starting.  it works fine for the first few times but it
begins to have a second or more pause after starting stopping several times. 
A couple things I thought.  Do I need to tweak windows 10?  I don't have a wireless adaptor, I have disabled my network adaptor. Or is it something with my Mackie blackbird firewire onyx through the add on firewire card?  I have a motu 1248 coming tomorrow but I know the Mackie and would like to keep using it with another computer.,   I don't know that it is the Mackie causing the problem.
2016/08/18 04:41:04
HighAndDry
I should note something else about this project.  It started out on sonar 8.5 and I have been going back and forth between that and the latest platinum version.  (because the studio computer is running sonar 8.5)
2016/08/18 08:40:58
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
HighAndDry
I should note something else about this project.  It started out on sonar 8.5 and I have been going back and forth between that and the latest platinum version.  (because the studio computer is running sonar 8.5)

here you might asking for troubles actually. 8.5 is way old. I don't even go back and forth between X3 and Platinum ...

are you getting described problems in other projects (build in Platinum from scratch)?
what plugins do you have in the project (i.e. does it also happen with all FX disabled)?
2016/08/18 10:52:10
dwardzala
What are your audio buffer settings?  Could be the buffer is too small or too large.
2016/08/18 13:10:00
HighAndDry
I need to check and see if it does it in other projects.  But I don't see why going from 8 would matter. Other than the plug ins not being the same.

2016/08/18 13:12:28
HighAndDry
dwardzala
What are your audio buffer settings?  Could be the buffer is too small or too large.

I was using 128.  went to 256 and it still did it.  I am referring to the settings on the mackie blackbird
2016/08/18 14:44:50
dwardzala
Is you project mostly audio or mostly midi?  If midi, there could be something going on with note offs and/or midi controllers needing resetting (I think this one's in preferences.)
2016/08/18 15:06:06
HighAndDry
dwardzala
Is you project mostly audio or mostly midi?  If midi, there could be something going on with note offs and/or midi controllers needing resetting (I think this one's in preferences.)

It is mostly audio and only about 8 tracks.  1 midi drum track. I did have a couple drum programs loaded. steven slate and addictive drums.  But I deleted and still had the problem.
2016/08/18 15:50:47
Jim Roseberry
Do you have any latent plugins inserted anywhere in the project?

One thing you could try:
Copy and past all track data (audio and MIDI) into a new empty project.
Does the behavior persist?
2016/08/18 17:11:45
HighAndDry
I will try that Jim  thanks.  I did remove a couple of the old sonar 8 plugins. (or 8.3. I don't think it is 8.5)

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account