2018/05/04 12:20:30
mudgel
https://www.waves.com/

It’s on the home page. $49 at the moment.

It comes with Mercury so I’ve already downloaded and given it a try with some previously recorded material. Quite a leap up from Waves GTR.
2018/05/04 12:48:20
dcumpian
I think GTR was good in its day as one of the first ITB guitar FX processors. But, my how things have changed. I'm looking forward to trying these out. I only recently purchased S-Gear and several Ownhammer IR setups and I'm thrilled at how good this can sound. As a GTR owner, I was able to pick up these PRS "supermodels" for $29, so it was in no brainer territory.

Regards,
Dan
2018/05/04 16:25:40
Lynn
I got these PRS sims yesterday, and they're the bomb!  However, only one amp comes with a spring reverb, and the other two have no way to add f/x before the fact.  I would hope that WAVES will someday add an f/x loop to each amp model.  Nevertheless, they sound and play very well, at least as good as  my S-Gear.
2018/05/04 21:18:08
Zo
Don t know those amps at all !! How you guyz would qualify them
Marshaly, fendery ect....
2018/05/04 21:32:34
Lynn
There are audio demos available.  https://www.waves.com/plugins/prs-supermodels
2018/05/05 02:56:59
Zo
Thks lynn heard the demos , hearing fx and cabinet , can t really judge the inner sound of the amp ...
2018/05/05 02:58:38
LANEY
I got this yesterday and I am impressed.  I like these way better than GTR3!
2018/05/06 18:59:06
Marshall
dcumpian
I think GTR was good in its day as one of the first ITB guitar FX processors. But, my how things have changed. I'm looking forward to trying these out. I only recently purchased S-Gear and several Ownhammer IR setups and I'm thrilled at how good this can sound. As a GTR owner, I was able to pick up these PRS "supermodels" for $29, so it was in no brainer territory.

Regards,
Dan

Dan and Lynn

I value your opinion - I have used S Gear as my go to for a good few years. What does the PRS give you over and above S Gear?
2018/05/06 22:33:03
Lynn
Sustain and good presets are what's impressing me the most.  I have a PRS guitar, and it fits it like a glove.  I think it'll be good on slide because its tones sound so familiar.  I sent their support a request for an f/x loop, and within 6 hours I got a reply that my request would be passed along.
2018/05/07 00:31:57
Soundwise
My thoughts:
1) Waves finally got the preamp gain structure right, but the Master knob only adjusts overall level. No audible saturation or extra gain with the Master knob. This is no go for me.
2) It seems like they didn't emulate the schematics, but rather put together multiple measured values, as they say in the video teaser. When you turn the gain knob while the signal is being processed you can hear little clicking noises as if the values are adjusted in small steps.
3) External IR is a nice option. Auto phase alignment and level adjustment of IRs is great. It's the only thing I like about this bundle. Still not worth the price for me. YMMV.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account