• Software
  • Anyone have or try Acon Acoustica? (not mixcraft)
2018/05/08 22:02:23
soens
Acoustica Digital Audio Editor. For audio analysis, processing and restoration. "Click Free Editing" sounds interesting. Standard is $60. Premium is $200. Runs on Mac & PC.
2018/05/08 23:23:49
Cactus Music
Never heard of it but you got me looking. I downloaded the older version 6 which is free. 
It's a Wave editor and seems like it's a very decent one.
This is just the basic version but it would be all you need to top and tail, normalize etc a song before burning to CD or converting to MP3. 
Don't see a batch converter possibly the more advance versions have it.  
So it's more or less like Sony Sound Forge or Stienbergs Wave Lab etc.  
You would need to compare features with each. 

Update:
Downloaded the trial of 7 full version ( $200) 
Very full featured, has batch conversion, and a most useful of all it can analyze your audio for average levels.
Will play with it a little more tomorrow. But at this point Wave Lab elements at $99 has the same stuff. I'll see what the $100 difference is. 

2018/05/09 08:49:35
soens
Thanks cactus. The Click Free Editing caught my eye as Im always having to splice clips perfectly by hand to avoid clicks. Crossfades dont always work so well. There may be better apps out there like tthis. Acron has a comparison chart for the 2 versions which should help in comparing them to others.
2018/05/09 16:02:43
Cactus Music
I could not function without Wavelab. Been using it since version 4. 
You can set Sonar to open an audio track in a Wave editor using the tools menu. Scook made a utility to set this up. 
Just like a  DAW, Wave editors all have different workflows. What seems unique to WaveLab is the way you can open tools and they remain open through out the session. All the others, including Sonar, you perform a task and the tool GUI closes forcing you to re open it every time you use it. 
Take something simple like Gain. 

I have played around with all the mainstream Wave editors and just like I always return to Sonar, I always return to Wave Lab. Possibly because I know it so well and all it's little shortcuts so I can work fast. 
My other favorite I bought ( $50 lifetime) is Gold Wave http://www.goldwave.ca/release.php 
I use it mostly for Batch conversion of MP3. 

But I will play around with this Acoustica 7 and see what it's like. 
I only use Wave Lab Elements ( $100 ) because the full version ( $400 ) is way more than I need.
And once you find something you like you keep your eyes out for a deal. 

2018/05/09 17:46:49
Cactus Music
Been messing with it for an hour. Impressed so far everything nicely done. The tool GUI stay open and all actions are logical and easy to figure out. I got a lot done and have not opened the manual. 
This feature alone is worth the ticket price. Global analyze a whole song. A very extensive list of important information shows. It is a worthy competitor to Wave Lab. Note the song is a backing track with Bass in the left and Drums keyboards in right therefore the difference in data. Notice the DC offset of the right channel. 

2018/05/10 07:30:15
soens
Im sure it can remove it, right? But to what degree? Ive heard you cant always get rid of it completely. Some apps may be better at it than others. Audacity has a check box in the Normalize window to remove it but I've rarely seen it nor had to deal with it. 
2018/05/10 23:00:54
Cactus Music
Ya, I'm in the dark and should look it up. I've seen that check box too but never has checked it. 
Anyhow, this is good software and might be worth the price. 
2018/05/12 18:58:06
Grem
That's a lot of good info there. Not only showing levels, but where they are right next to the levels! Organized well.

I still use Cool Edit 2K and Audition. When I need to edit a wave, these get the job done. 

But looking at Acon product. Just curious.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account